I am using media monkey to organize my music. This seems like a pretty straightforward process, but I have a dilemma. I don't know if I should embed the album art, save it as folder.jpg for each album, or if I should do both.

Some software and devices are picky about this, and embedded works on almost everything. But, it seems a bit redundant to have an album art for each song instead of one per album. It doesn't add very much space though because each album art is about 20kb.

I need to decide what to do before I do this. Are there more pros or cons to either method that I'm not seeing?
Last edited by Masonpwiley at Jul 9, 2009,
ill be honest, i have absolutely no idea what you're talking about
Always Rock!
Quote by s12k17
ill be honest, i have absolutely no idea what you're talking about
The album art on all of your mp3's is either embedded inside of the MP3, or it's a separate file. I am organizing my music and I want to know which way is better so everything can be organized the same way, which is the entire point of organizing.
Isn't the result the same?
Quote by Teh Forest King
A kid took a fetal pig during pig dissection, put a napkin on it as a cape, wrote "super pig" on it, then threw it out the window onto the greenhouse below, yelling "super pig, blast off!". He failed the pig lab
Whichever one is easier/faster to do.

you stole my avatar, bastard...
Quote by GodofCheesecake
Excessive punctuation!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by dhutton
+infinity

I have infinity.
Quote by metharian
yea its way too much for my little stick lol
As I explained some software and devices can be picky about it. Luckily, foobar2000 works either way but my phone and Zune are picky.
Quote by sw1ss023
Whichever one is easier/faster to do.

you stole my avatar, bastard...
I saw that post and my first thought was, "WTF, I didn't post that!"
Last edited by Masonpwiley at Jul 9, 2009,
Quote by Just Andrew
Isn't the result the same?

Embedding it is more secure and can be accessed whenever the song properties are accessed. Having a separate folder is only good if you plan on modifying the pictures often.

In short, embedding is more aesthetically pleasing and hassle-free.
Embed it like I embedded my face in the sweet valley between the generous globes of your mother's breasts.