Page 1 of 2
I am trying to find out the name of the ancient turkish civilization i read about which was around the same time of the egyptian civilization. There was some internal feud which wiped them out.

I cant find it on google.
The Ottoman Empire?
Today I feel electric grey
I hope tomorrow, neon black
Quote by jbridge90
The polar bear speaks the truth

Seriously? Ottoman Empire was WAYYYYYYYYYYY later.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
Well, my guess is the Ottoman Empire. If it was AMERICAN history you wanted to know something about, I'd be much more help.
Call me Jack.
All that you love...
...you must love now.
My Gear:
PRS Custom 24
Standard MIM Tele
Larrivée LV-09E
Rivera Clubster 45 112 Combo Tube
Boss ME-20 Multi-effects pedal
Boss OC-3 Super octave pedal
My own home-made octave-up pedal
Quote by TunerAddict

Well that's why it was presented in question form.

Now I know. I just knew they had something to do with turkey, so I threw it out there.
Today I feel electric grey
I hope tomorrow, neon black
Quote by Ganoosh
The Ottoman Empire?

Can't be, they're not ancient.
Babylon? Assyria? Selucids? Naw... they were Greek i think. Now I'll just name a few from Rome: Total War.

Pontus. Parthians...... damn i ran out.
Quote by SOADrox429
'Bring me the still-beating heart of a newborn child, and the world's rivers shall run red with the blood of the innocent.'

<\/> Fleshgod Apocalypse <\/>
The earliest known Turkish civilization was the Tagar. They were around 700 BC.

They were an offshoot of the Karasuk civilization though, who dated back to 2 thousand BC
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
Last edited by TunerAddict at Jul 9, 2009,
Quote by Ganoosh
The Ottoman Empire?

No, talking 3000 years ago.

The king had a feud with his brother and burned their palaces which made the people starve so they were wiped out.
Did you look at the Lycians?
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

ask the daytripper dude
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.
Which is annoying, cos I'm a girl and I like cock.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Being an idiot should be illegal too.

so no one knows what happened to turk huh?
My Fun Guitars
Fender Strat
Ibanez Rg-320

My Junk Guitars
Hondo II acoustic
Yamaha F-310
Jay Turser Les paul knock off of doom
Britain?
Quote by edge11
yeah im not at gc dude, i dont live there.

||=(|''''|''''|''''|''''|)>-----
The Egyptians were on their own for quite some time, care to be a little more specific?
Touch me.
Also try the Hittite, Hatti, and Hurrian cultures. They all existed in the 3k BC to 500 BC range.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

I'd probably need more information to give you a definitive answer. I have a Masters in history, but I specialize in 20th century history and my knowledge of ancient civilizations is a little limited. Off the top of my head I would guess that you're thinking of the Assyrians.
Axes:
2010 Carvin ST300C
1994 Jackson Soloist XL Professional
2008 "Jacksbanez"
2007 Gibson Flying V
2003 Epiphone Les Paul Plus

Amps:
Peavey 6505+ Combo
Peavey Classic 30
Peavey Vypyr 15
Quote by TunerAddict

Maybe I've just wanted to say that since I first saw his avatar
Major empires in Turkey and their dates:

Hittites, from the 18th through the 13th century BC.
Phrygians, from the 13th through the 7th century BC.
Cimmerians, from the 7th century to 6th century BC.
Persian Achaemenid Empire, from 6th century to 334 BC.
Alexander the Great, from 334 to mid 1st century BC.
Rome, from mid 1st century BC to c. 476 AD.
Byzantines, from c. 476 to 1453 AD.

Aeolian and Ionian Greeks started settling the area c. 1200.

That help any?
Ka pu te ruha ka hao te rangatahi.
Quote by Vecheka
I'd probably need more information to give you a definitive answer. I have a Masters in history, but I specialize in 20th century history and my knowledge of ancient civilizations is a little limited. Off the top of my head I would guess that you're thinking of the Assyrians.

Ancient turkish civilisation 2500-3000 years ago based in Northwest Turkey in the Mountain regions. Built in the remote regions so they wouldnt get invaded by the egyptians. They were only in existance for under 100 years. Recently discovered (last 20 years) and they were wiped out by what experts think was arson. King and his brother had a feud which spawned the arson.
The Seljuk Turks

If I'm wrong then i wasted my time and money into that AP World History class.
Because we seperate... it ripples our reflections.
.snoitcelfer ruo selppir ti...etarepes ew esuaceB
Quote by Atomik1
Ancient turkish civilisation 2500-3000 years ago based in Northwest Turkey in the Mountain regions. Built in the remote regions so they wouldnt get invaded by the egyptians. They were only in existance for under 100 years. Recently discovered (last 20 years) and they were wiped out by what experts think was arson. King and his brother had a feud which spawned the arson.

In that case it may well have been one of the small kingdoms the Alexander the Great's empire was divided into upon his death.
Quote by Taydr
In that case it may well have been one of the small kingdoms the Alexander the Great's empire was divided into upon his death.

Successor states? Those were around in the 3rd and 2nd centuries BC, thousands of years after what TS is talking about.
Quote by joemama9119
Successor states? Those were around in the 3rd and 2nd centuries BC, thousands of years after what TS is talking about.

Yeah, just realised I've gone and got me dates a bit mixed up . After reconsidering the dates, that would be around the time of the Phrygian empire, so perhaps that's a place to start. The Cimmerians, and the Persians were also dominant empires during the time span between the 10th and 5th century BC.
Last edited by Taydr at Jul 9, 2009,
Quote by Atomik1

Well the Thracians were in the area at that time...But they kind lasted for quite a while....
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

Quote by TunerAddict
Well the Thracians were in the area at that time...But they kind lasted for quite a while....

Thracians were never unified under a single nation banner like TS is talking about until almost Alexander the Great's time.
at what point did it become Armenia?
Quote by Son.Of.TheViper
Hmm... seems the thread has been taken over by a swimming pool filled with sperm.

Quote by iantheman
Whenever I run out of tissues, I get worried that I'll be caught hopping through the hallway with my pants around my knees, a dying erection, and a fist full of semen.
Quote by SeEsAw12
If it's not on Google, it never happened.

/end thread

Unless it's on wikipedia.
Hittites were based in central turkey so it might have been them. But at that time anatolia was the basis for many civilizations.
I'll take a guess. Possibly the Lycians and Rhodians? Polybius accounts a feud between them.
But it's almost impossible to say without a better date reference than 'the same time of the egyptian civilization' because that stretches from at least 5000 years ago and there is still a civilisation called 'Egypt' today.
Last edited by SlackerBabbath at Jul 10, 2009,
Quote by Kapps
Unless it's on wikipedia.

and wikipedia can be found trough google
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by SlackerBabbath
I'll take a guess. Possibly the Lycians and Rhodians? Polybius accounts a feud between them.
But it's almost impossible to say without a better date reference than 'the same time of the egyptian civilization' because that stretches from at least 5000 years ago and there is still a civilisation called 'Egypt' today.

no, not them. when i hear the name i will know immediately.
If it's not the Hitties, the only group I can think of would be the Akkadians (Akkadian Empire), in existence around the 24th century BC.
Page 1 of 2