Okay, so I was relaxing in the bathtub all warm and cozy. For some reason, I thought of my ex. I have no idea why. Maybe because when I was with her, she'd always find some kind of drama to harsh my mellow when i relaxed, idk. Anyway, thinking of my ex gave me gas, so i grunted one out.

As the bubbles broke the surface, it was as if thousands of tiny soldiers with their AK47s and RPGs went on the attack. That was some serious stank! So my question is: Why?

Why would a fart though water be worse than a regular fart.
If water filters, wouldn't that make the smell less offensive?
So Pit, anyone got a logical explanation?

Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
It can't disperse as quickly into the air, so you are actually sucking up all that methane once it hits the surface.
All my friends are Imaginary

"There was much of the beautiful,
much of the wanton, much of the bizarre, something of the terrible,
and not a little of that which might have excited disgust"

Swan Song
A Story by the Earl of Slander
My guess would be that the bubbles containin the stench move directly up towards your nose, whereas in regular air it has more distance to disperse before reaching the nostrils.
shower farts are the worst. i suspect the water is full of gamma radiation that turns normal farts into horrific super farts.
I have no opinion on this matter.
i guess because it gets trapped in the bubbles then when it pops its concentrated around you.....?
Gear:
IBANEZ RG2550EX
Orange Rocker 30
Peavey Ultra Plus (lights up)
Seriously, everytime I fart in the pool/tub/classroom, there are no bubbles. That is the REAL mystery.
MY GEAR!
Amp
-Peavey Classic 30
Guitars
-Silverburst Epiphone Les Paul Custom
-Squier Stratocaster
Pedals
-Ibanez TS9DX Turbo Tube Screamer
-Fender PT-100
-MXR Phase 90
-Fuzz Face Clone
-MXR Carbon Copy
its because the bath smells good that the fart smells so much worse in comparison.

Trust me, i've pondered this long and hard already
Quote by -Collapse-
Oh, hello mister tracer! Lets dance!
Quote by CodySG
And we all poop in the sandwiches!

New Drug Chat, Eh? CLICK HERE

pass: misterhoffman
Heat usually makes stank worse, so if you're in a hot bath/shower all that hot water probably doesn't help the smell.

Also, the REAL question is, why don't farts show in the cold like your breath does? I've had soem pretty warm, moist farts outside on a winter day and i've seen no smoke.
If someone else made a thread of this subject, TS would Report them for spam....
RIP Tom Searle.
May I request in volume 2, we tackle the important issue of Ghost Poos?

(How come some poos just dont require wiping, and how sometimes you feel like you're giving birth to a brick, only to see a few tiny pebbles?)

I am aware that this could expand into a very large discussion, so this may require multiple volumes.
MY DESIGN/PHOTOGRAPHY TUMBLR
Quote by SEALSniper1152

If you take a jar, and whisper what you want to hate into it, then close the jar, coat it in crunchy peanut butter, and shove it up your ass. I'm pretty sure you could hate everything after that.
Quote by m.f.k.r
It can't disperse as quickly into the air, so you are actually sucking up all that methane once it hits the surface.

This. As methane isn't soluble in water (correct me if I'm wrong), it stays in the form that it was released in, i.e. bubble, and it then breaks into contact with the air, and thus, it is a fart concentrate. They used this in Mythbusters to measure the level of toxic gases in a fart, and the only way to get "le fart complét" was by using a bathtub full of water and a funnel. It was pretty cool.

They also busted that myth our of the water.

Kind of like you busted that fart.
An Augmented 4th or a Diminished 5th?

Quote by I.O.T.M
You, fine sir, have impeccable taste.

Ahhhh Yuck Fou.
Quote by magnus_maximus

I think it's more to do with the fact that breath has more moisture, which your trousers catch before the gas gets out.

I think you're right, they say that just underwear is a good enough filter to keep people from getting pink eye from a pillow fart. i woudl assume it's true for moisture as well.
Quote by MH400
If someone else made a thread of this subject, TS would Report them for spam....

Whats your reasoning for this conclusion?
Quote by JohnnyV
Also, the REAL question is, why don't farts show in the cold like your breath does? I've had soem pretty warm, moist farts outside on a winter day and i've seen no smoke.

Quote by m.f.k.r

i feel i should point out it is not the methane that smells bad, it is sulfur compounds

Quote by DieGarbageMan
When having sex i realise my penis is of small nature.

Quote by gavz_verdikt
There is a box below Private Messages and right of Log Out.
I think the TS will know what to do next

This ^

I'm not that strong on chemistry, but I'm pretty sure methane itself is odorless.

Quote by MH400
I've already reported a ton of threads on this subject. They were poorly crafted spam-traps. Well crafted OP leads to useful discussion.

Quote by PETERFKNPARKER
May I request in volume 2, we tackle the important issue of Ghost Poos?

(How come some poos just dont require wiping, and how sometimes you feel like you're giving birth to a brick, only to see a few tiny pebbles?)

I am aware that this could expand into a very large discussion, so this may require multiple volumes.
Hmmm. Maybe a later volume? I'd rather not just focus on digestive functions and one's anus. Worth doing, though.

Quote by JohnnyV
Heat usually makes stank worse, so if you're in a hot bath/shower all that hot water probably doesn't help the smell.

You may be on to something there. I'm not all that moved to sit in a tub of cold water to compare the result.

I might be willing to streak next winter to determine if it's clothing that impedes the formation of a fart-cloud, though.

To those of you enjoying the pics, I hope I'm starting a trend.
More pics in OPs on UG could be a good thing, yes?

btw, Mythbusters is awesome.
I don't have cable, so I've seen relatively few of their episodes.
But I have watched a few while visiting friends.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Last edited by SomeoneYouKnew at Jul 15, 2009,
Quote by Zugunruhe
shower farts are the worst. i suspect the water is full of gamma radiation that turns normal farts into horrific super farts.

waaaaat.
when im taking a shower and i have to fart, i like to sit w/ my butt hole flat on the bottom of the tub, and push as hard as i can. its loud as f*ck, and it stinks bad. brangs me lulz.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker
Chef Strato-Massacre: Cooking shitstorms since that comment.

Quote by PurpleClawz
Damnit why are you full of so much win
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
harsh my mellow
harsh my mellow
harsh my mellow
harsh my mellow
harsh my mellow
harsh my mellow

...I jest. I think what you're really smelling is a filtered stank in the raw. Perhaps a bubbly bath has the inverse effect on your toots - wafting out a rancid funk.