I didnt kno where to post this question so yeah.. anyway i just wanted to see what you guys think about when do you know you are good enough for a band? Ive been playing for bout 7 months and i can play stuff like "Seek and Destroy" "Laid to rest" Symphony of destruction" and stuff like that.
Your always ready to be in a band; as long as you can find musicians of about the same skill level and interest.
^ This. Just find other kids you get along with and have similar musical taste as you and start playing.
equipment:
Gibson SG Special ltd.
Peavey JF2EX
Fender Kingman SCE
Vox AD30Vt
Line6 Spider III 150

Quote by Philip_pepper

Be sure to be able to recite at least one Shakespeare quote before and after each song.

Out loud, or in your head, it's up to you.
Quote by tubatom868686
Your always ready to be in a band; as long as you can find musicians of about the same skill level and interest.

+win after grammatical corrections.

You might not be ready for playing stadiums or large clubs, but as long as you have friends who want to play, you're ready for a band.
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
Agreed. Just make sure not to perform until you are all comfotable with what you are playing. Don't rush someone to learn something they simply can't do yet.
Quote by tubatom868686

This, I have a bunch of friends who were all not even 6 months into learning thier instruments and they started thier band with a cover of smells like teen spirit, it was terrible, but now they have an EP with 6 songs and it is actually quite good, they have only been a band for like months
I sort of started a band (we never did any shows & split after about a year), but it was about a month after I started playing bass, & I could barely play Blink 182 stuff, but now I'm in another band & we play fairly technical stuff
So you're always ready to be in a band
i kinda feel like you just have to get in one.. your first band is probably gonna be the worst one hah.. you'll learn about playing with a group and how it's much different than solo.. that's how it was for me anyway..

just have to go do it
monoslang.bandcamp.com

reverbnation.com/monoslang
Try always to find someone better than you, so you can evolve.
if u get in a band now u will probably learn alot faster than if u were to stay playing alone
Quote by Valid12891
I wish I had an extra sensitive third nipple, and a girl who was into that sort of thing.

Quote by _Ixnay_
In Russia, Winter Cold + Vodka + Big-Chested Women = No problem.

Book of shadows 2?
O_o
Now. You're always ready to be in a band. Best way to get better in my opinion.
When your on the same playing level as your bandmates.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Theory is descriptive, not prescriptive.

Quote by MiKe Hendryckz
theory states 1+1=2 sometimes in music 1+1=3.
Jamming with people is always good, no matter how good or ****ty you are, it's just a matter of finding people that are at the same skill level as you are, you guys will all push each other and progress better. Also, learning to play with other people is probably the most important thing about playing an instrument in my opinion.
Quote by dogmax
Try always to find someone better than you, so you can evolve.

i agree with this. you should be playing with others as soon as you can. its good to have people to bounce ideas off and have them show you some new things. dont be surprized though if some guitarists wont actually show you how to play that cool lick they just did. feel free to watch though and get ideas. im the opposite though. id show you if you asked...thats if i can remember what i just played as well lol.
i would say when your skilled enough in your playing to harness your creativity
Quote by travs2448
is the puppy solid state or tube?

Quote by diceksox1809
solid state. when she screams it pisses me off

^

Quote by GrizzlyFnAdams6
Dimebag had s*** tone and that guitar plays like an abortion. Come at me, bro!

Quote by jpatan
It's because Garth Brooks brings the ****in' br00tz.
I would say when you can play a song the whole way through and always be in time.
My name is Tom, feel free to use it.
Definitely get into a band as soon as you can. People say that 1 hour practising in a band is worth 10 practising by yourself. If you can, try to get into a band with people who are better than you (I know, always hard to find, right? )
New To Town With A Made Up Name

In The Angel's City

Chasing Fortune And Fame
09/03/2012