I'm going to be doing quite a bit of concerting soon and figure it'd be really cool to capture some good quality videos and pictures of it all. Only thing is that I don't own a digital camera nor do I know the first thing when it comes to shopping for one.

So given everything said, what specs should I be looking for? Or perhaps which models might serve my needs? I'm looking to allot about $150-250 (CDN) for this purchase by the way. Thanks in advance.
I'm not looking for top of the line, never want to part with it. Just something that'll do an adequate job.
Kodak Easyshare.

The quality decent enough, and it's dirt cheap.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Cool pix i heard we're ok. like... $160 american. don't know what that is in Canadian though.
KLH & KGB
11/28/09
in canada eh?

good, now I can help you.

150-200 is a pretty legit amount to get you a decently good camera round these parts
http://www.bestbuy.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?sku_id=0926INGFS10119065&catid=26563&PCName=cameras_150_199&logon=&langid=EN

check that

also, just go into your local best buy and see whats available. or wherever you buy that kind of **** lol

edit:
Quote by KGB_INC
Cool pix i heard we're ok. like... $160 american. don't know what that is in Canadian though.

yeah they're pretty awesome, but they're 199 canadian, so + tax its out of his range

I advise you to save up and get one, its only a little more expensive
http://www.bestbuy.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?sku_id=0926INGFS10119691&catid=26563&PCName=cameras_150_199&logon=&langid=EN
Quote by -Collapse-
Oh, hello mister tracer! Lets dance!
Quote by CodySG
And we all poop in the sandwiches!

New Drug Chat, Eh? CLICK HERE

pass: misterhoffman
Last edited by poopsmith666 at Jul 9, 2009,
Sweet, another Torontonian and Opeth fan! Thanks dude, I'm definately looking to buy from Best Buy. I would go as high as $300 but that certainly would be the cutoff.
haha yeah man, its always good to find fellow Torontonians and Opeth fans

on the note of the camera, I recently had (and I stress HAD because I lost it in Japan ) a Canon Powershot A590 IS camera, and it was honestly one of the best cameras I have used, but it only cost 160 new.

Now obviously it wouldn't hold a candle to a real SLR, or a significantly more expensive camera, but for the price, its the best thing I've ever used, and trust me, I had a loooot of time in Japan to test out all the features

its not on the bestbuy website, but I've seen them in future shop before, if that helps
Quote by -Collapse-
Quote by CodySG

As a user, the Canons are nice. I have a Canon Powershot SD1100 and it gets 12x zoom. You don't want a really nice camera or some places won't let you bring it in to prevent professional photography. Also, the Canons are affordable. Mine was 150 bucks and well worth it.
Quote by Eliyahu
As a user, the Canons are nice. I have a Canon Powershot SD1100 and it gets 12x zoom. You don't want a really nice camera or some places won't let you bring it in to prevent professional photography. Also, the Canons are affordable. Mine was 150 bucks and well worth it.

+ a billion. I'm a Canon fanboy, but not for no reason lol. Canon seems to consistently produce the highest quality cameras for the most affordable prices
Quote by -Collapse-
Quote by CodySG

Quote by poopsmith666
+ a billion. I'm a Canon fanboy, but not for no reason lol. Canon seems to consistently produce the highest quality cameras for the most affordable prices

Yup. Its amazing how large the photos are as well. I'm constantly just showing everyone around me how close I can zoom up on stuff lol. Like I took a picture of a bridge from a ship and I could see people in the cars . The ease of use also makes it great. Like changing the white color so it is totally custom to the lighting where you are.
Cool. That's awesome guys. I've heard Canon is one of the leading ways to go and this is more confirmation. Even though I'm completely oblivious, I was leading toward a Canon. But yes, I don't need anything professional...just something that'll snap some purdy pictures of Mr. Petrucci haha..
Quote by JuicyJuiceBox
Cool. That's awesome guys. I've heard Canon is one of the leading ways to go and this is more confirmation. Even though I'm completely oblivious, I was leading toward a Canon. But yes, I don't need anything professional...just something that'll snap some purdy pictures of Mr. Petrucci haha..

haha

now, im about to ruin these page margins, but I'll show you what the pics i took of stuff with that camera look like. They're HUGE, but even close up its still a super crisp picture.

edit: sorry actually i can't figure out how to upload the pics in their original, huge dimensions, photobucket wont let me...

if you want a couple of examples, i can PM/ email them to you if you want
Quote by -Collapse-
Quote by CodySG

ask Kensai
VERY METAL!
\m/
RIP Ronnie James Dio

Quote by metaldud536
RazorTheAwesome, if I was a Ditto, I'd transform into YOU

Quote by Kensai
Basically god wanted to punish people for getting educated/eating apples.

Quote by Jackal58
We all desire a little pussy.