Alright so my dad is getting me a Gibson Les Paul Traditional, because its super versatile, I love the neck, the look, and I know I'll be playing my whole life. Its on layaway right now. It'll be mine within about a month.

But, Ill also need a guitar for taking to school, and occasionally leaving it there. I want something nice, but something that I wont kill myself if someone breaks it. I was thinking used Ibanez RG. Looks like it can take some abuse, and all for $250. I think I could talk the owner down to $200. Good deal?
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Crate V33 212 Combo
DigiTech Whammy IV
Dunlop Crybaby
MXR Classic Distortion
Ibanez DE-7 Delay
Boss GE-7 Equalizer

Quote by Ghold125
^what RG is that?

I believe Its an Ibanez Rg 220B, but i'm not positive.
Crate V33 212 Combo
DigiTech Whammy IV
Dunlop Crybaby
MXR Classic Distortion
Ibanez DE-7 Delay
Boss GE-7 Equalizer

Quote by genghisgandhi
your ten, and your getting gibby los paulo!!!
ps-answer my pm

Im 14 turning 15 in a month i'm not ten.

EDIT: WhatPM? I don't have one maybe I accidentally deleted it.
EDIT2: ^^I don't think its a standard model, discontinued.
Crate V33 212 Combo
DigiTech Whammy IV
Dunlop Crybaby
MXR Classic Distortion
Ibanez DE-7 Delay
Boss GE-7 Equalizer

Last edited by guitar99099 at Jul 9, 2009,
Quote by genghisgandhi
well the pm was how much moding did you do to your squier (i started the journey today with lace pups)

Ah yes. The Squier .

It has been modded with A Seymour duncan Hot Rails in the neck AND middle position, and a Dimebucker in the bridge. (I know a Dimebucker, right. )<----Just Kidding I love this pickup it gives my guitar distinctive quack especially with the coil tap for it, which is used by pulling up the volume knob. PS- I didn't do any modding to it. Basically me and my dad went to GC, bought pickups salesman reccommended, went home, took guitar apart and was like WTF??? We thought it would be easier than this. So we took it to a local shop and they did it for about $100

EDIT: ^^ Where are your gear pics in your profile? I want to see your gear lol.
Crate V33 212 Combo
DigiTech Whammy IV
Dunlop Crybaby
MXR Classic Distortion
Ibanez DE-7 Delay
Boss GE-7 Equalizer

Last edited by guitar99099 at Jul 9, 2009,
Quote by guitar99099
Ah yes. The Squier .

It has been modded with A Seymour duncan Hot Rails in the neck AND middle position, and a Dimebucker in the bridge. (I know a Dimebucker, right. )<----Just Kidding I love this pickup it gives my guitar distinctive quack especially with the coil tap for it, which is used by pulling up the volume knob. PS- I didn't do any modding to it. Basically me and my dad went to GC, bought pickups salesman reccommended, went home, took guitar apart and was like WTF??? We thought it would be easier than this. So we took it to a local shop and they did it for about $100

EDIT: ^^ Where are your gear pics in your profile? I want to see your gear lol.

100 for a pickup install? You got had.
02 MiM Telecaster-----\__Digitech Whammy__TS-10__535q__DE-7__6505+ 112
91 Heartfield Talon II-/
He seems like they have more money than they need :P
Y'know with his Dad getting him 2 guitars and all, AND one of those two happens to be an LP Traditional :P

but yea....hey you wanna send me like $1K for the Jackson KE3 I'm trying to save up for myself XD

Squier looks hot...LP IS hot....AND you're getting an Ibanez...

I'd say take the deal, lol it's not like you can't afford getting something fixed if it needs fixing XD
What kind of trem does that RG have?
Call me Jack.
All that you love...
...you must love now.
My Gear:
PRS Custom 24
Standard MIM Tele
Larrivée LV-09E
Rivera Clubster 45 112 Combo Tube
Boss ME-20 Multi-effects pedal
Boss OC-3 Super octave pedal
My own home-made octave-up pedal
Looks like an RG370 (not rg370dx) to me, I've got one nearly exactly the same but with chrome hardware.

I'd say it would have an edge pro II on it
****, dude, I wish my dad'd buy me a Brand new Gibby.

Plus, you should've just done it yourself. Practice soldering a little bit on random stuff and look up diagrams online.

Unfortunately, I've never actually done it, but I have welding experience so it can't be that much different.
Quote by Wrst_Plyr_Evr
****, dude, I wish my dad'd buy me a Brand new Gibby.

Plus, you should've just done it yourself. Practice soldering a little bit on random stuff and look up diagrams online.

Unfortunately, I've never actually done it, but I have welding experience so it can't be that much different.

The actual reason my dad wants to get me a really nice guitar, was because when he was a kid, my Dad's brother always wanted a new guitar, but they were poor, so he could never could get one. My dad's brother died because he got kicked out of the house for doing something stupid, so he went hitchhiking to find a place to stay since he was all alone. While hitchhiking because he got hit by a drunk driver and died.
Crate V33 212 Combo
DigiTech Whammy IV
Dunlop Crybaby
MXR Classic Distortion
Ibanez DE-7 Delay
Boss GE-7 Equalizer

A gibson is not super versatile

Anyways nice guitars;

An Ibanez is excellent choice to drag around.

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
I'd be lying if I said I wasn't super jealous! But good on ya if your dad is willing to get you a Gibby congrats I was barely able to get my dad to buy me a psx when I was a kid
Les {auls mpt versatile? Hahaha wrong way round. You can play almost anything on a Les Paul because it has been the standard electric guitar sound for pro musicians since the fifties. So the trends have followed what a LP can do.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x