Do you guys ever spend a bunch of time making a tab 100%? Well about five weeks ago i spent over 5 hours tabbing the A7X album City Of Evil, and Enema of the State by Blink 182. So I worked on them and made them as good as I could. Understandable, neat, and accurate. So earlier today I was listening to Avenged Sevenfold on iTunes and realized that I haven't been notified for my tab. So I checked, and it got deleted. And I don't know how. I checked often to make sure I sent the request, and then that one certain day, the request was canceled! I spent all that time for nothing!
--Blink-182 is back--
R.I.P. James "The Rev" Sullivan
---> Llama's are cool.
Stay (Sic)

The Russians hate you. Get used to it, the rest of the world did thirty years ago.
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
No one likes a whiner
Quote by PiNk_ThE_pUnK
It's way too sunny and warm here today to listen to black metal, I shall bookmark it and come back when the weather is worse.
I made a tab that got rejected once.

But, it was **** because that was back when I didn't know a thing about anything, so it's understandable.

In fact, the only 2 tabs I have accepted are Sonic Youth tabs, and poor ones at that.
Why would it make me mad that your request got deleted?
Quote by SlackerBabbath
This from a country who're trying to make up for being late for the last two world wars by being really early for the next one?

Quote by konfyouzd
i think this is my favorite post of the day

Quote by Benguitar2
You ****ing pwn.

Awesome, dude, just awesome.
Sorry man. Put it on the internet and spam them with the lolpear for revenge.
I have a daisy on my toe!
just redo it, nuff said there bud.

Remember to copy and paste it to a word program or a notepad and save it next time ok
#25 for top 100 UGer of 2009
UG's 2nd Funniest UGer and 3rd most likely to be a Serial Killer of 2009, 2nd of 2011
Quote by Perfection 101
Why would it make me mad that your request got deleted?

I was asking if it makes u mad when it happens to u

AND FOR EVERYONE ELSE i did not save it to a word document, and i really dont want to do it again
--Blink-182 is back--
R.I.P. James "The Rev" Sullivan
---> Llama's are cool.
Stay (Sic)

Quote by LesPaulJR361
the A7X album City Of Evil, and Enema of the State by Blink 182

That, there, is your reason.

We don't need any more tabs of any of those. There are already 5-star tabs of probably every song from both albums, and I recall seeing album tabs for both.

If you can prove in a tangible way that your tabs are completely superior in every way to all the tabs on this site for those two albums, then be my guest.

Edit: also album tabs tend to be copypastas of other peoples' tabs anyways, so you'd have to prove somehow that they're all your own work.
Q: Favourite Pink Floyd song?
A: The one where they get wicked high and play Emin and A for an hour.
Quote by travislausch
That, there, is your reason.

We don't need any more tabs of any of those. There are already 5-star tabs of probably every song from both albums, and I recall seeing album tabs for both.

If you can prove in a tangible way that your tabs are completely superior in every way to all the tabs on this site for those two albums, then be my guest.

Edit: also album tabs tend to be copypastas of other peoples' tabs anyways, so you'd have to prove somehow that they're all your own work.

this
Quote by cliff_em_all
cof_median11 is a Child Rapist.

Quote by blink day 4 eva
Theres a mosquito that lives in my room and i let him bite me all the time and i let him live. It's our special deal. His name is "The Dude".

Quote by Babbs
cof_median11, you sick ****.
I've only entered one tab for a Collective Soul song and it got accepted =D. Like the dude above said, it's probably already tabbed. Also I save mine with the proper font in a .txt. That way I can save it and come back later.
Last edited by Eliyahu at Jul 9, 2009,
On the bright side, you got some ear practice. :-)
C4C
Please check out some of my original music and leave me a comment @ SoundCloud
(or in my profile!)

Progressive|Thrash|Math|Metal
Quote by MidnightPancake
Sorry man. Put it on the internet and spam them with the lolpear for revenge.

Having been here for about 2 months, I feel awkward saying this. But you have much to learn.

It can be referred to simply as "The Pear".
Today I feel electric grey
I hope tomorrow, neon black
Quote by crazy8rgood

But, it was **** because that was back when I didn't know a thing about anything, so it's understandable.

In fact, the only 2 tabs I have accepted are Sonic Youth tabs, and poor ones at that.

are you the guy that tabbed the Sonic Youth songs in standard tuning?

Also to TS, if you are not going to tab it again, then there's not much you can do at this point. Let this teach you to save it in a word document next time, that's all I can say there
UG's 2nd Funniest UGer and 3rd most likely to be a Serial Killer of 2009, 2nd of 2011
Last edited by reb_49 at Jul 9, 2009,
Quote by reb_49
are you the guy that tabbed the Sonic Youth songs in standard tuning?

YES

Well, just Total Trash.

Silver Rocket is a powertab file, that I arranged terribly. (and stole from some other website)

Mind you, I submitted these tabs 2-3 years ago when I sucked ass and didn't have a clue what I was doing.
Last edited by crazy8rgood at Jul 9, 2009,
Quote by LesPaulJR361

I know, I just wanted to piss on your chips

It's never happened to me, since there are too many tabs to make it worthwhile tabbing anything myself... And on the odd occasion I find a song that hasn't been tabbed, my ear's too crappy to tab it effectively... Because of using all the other tabs
Quote by SlackerBabbath
This from a country who're trying to make up for being late for the last two world wars by being really early for the next one?

Quote by konfyouzd
i think this is my favorite post of the day

Quote by Benguitar2
You ****ing pwn.

Awesome, dude, just awesome.
Quote by crazy8rgood
YES

Well, just Total Trash.

Silver Rocket is a powertab file, that I arranged terribly. (and stole from some other website)

Mind you, I submitted these tabs 2-3 years ago when I sucked ass and didn't have a clue what I was doing.

Yeah I saw that and I was like but hey you just started so I can understand. It's not that they are a difficult band, it's just figuring out their damn tuning methods really.
Quote by reb_49
Yeah I saw that and I was like but hey you just started so I can understand. It's not that they are a difficult band, it's just figuring out their damn tuning methods really.

Tuning... Methods???

I thought they just went ape-**** on their tuning nobs until it sounded good
Quote by crazy8rgood

I find them impossible to figure out. At least someone is trying.
Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

Happily E-Married to En_zed
The public doesn't want new music; the main thing that it demands of a composer is that he be dead.
-- Arthur Honegger

Enjoy reading? Please crit my work .
Quote by LesPaulJR361
*you.

Can't say for sure. I've only made 4 tabs. All have been accepted.

Quote by LesPaulJR361
AND FOR EVERYONE ELSE i did not save it to a word document, and i really dont want to do it again
Really, really dumb. I can't imagine a good tab coming from someone who plans so poorly.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Did you remember to paste it in notepad before submitting it?
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
Quote by LesPaulJR361

You didn't even save it?!?
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
Quote by LesPaulJR361

Then how in the sweet name of Biff did you upload it?

EDIT: Wait, my bad, I haven't uploaded a tab on here before, I didn't know you just typed it out on the actual site.
Quote by alcoholicpanda
Depression?

Kill it with Lysol.

Quote by i_killed_bill
Some guy in a striped sweater stole all my hamburgers. **** was soooo not cash
Last edited by MasterOfCows at Jul 9, 2009,
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
*you.

Thank you!

At least some of us on this site know how to type
I find it INCREDIBLY difficult to belive that you spent all this time and didnt save the word document.

i also find it difficult to belive that your thread hasnt been closed, because there is an entire forum dedicated to stupid whining little kids. ok then. good.
Music is an art form that celebrates potential. So long as you're looking for it, you'll always find it.
Quote by crazy8rgood
Tuning... Methods???

I thought they just went ape-**** on their tuning nobs until it sounded good

Yeah but keep in mind that Lee Ranaldo was a member of Glenn Branca's electric guitar ensemble. He had to learn about the tuning methods from him.

Their earlier stuff was mostily just random tuning until something sounded right (they used screwdrivers, hammers, drills and ect to make noise) but their later stuff had tunings based to where they sounded like a chord and worked from there. In fact their only album where they used the standard tuning was the first album really.

Like Mote was basically G,G,D,D,Eb,Eb on Lee's guitar which sounded like a power chord when you hit it open. Catholic Block was D,D,D,D,A,A which made the guitar have this wall of sound kind of thing.

I'm not too sure really, all I know is that they sound great with their tunings Ask that Thurston guy with the Jimmy Chamberlain avatar, he knows more about them than me.

Also to TS, just be patient and do it again.
Last edited by reb_49 at Jul 9, 2009,
Also; ALLWAYS keep a copy of anything you put up, because it is never perfect, and you will probably have it refused due to minor things that you have to fix.

so you are an idiot for that. Better luck next time.
Music is an art form that celebrates potential. So long as you're looking for it, you'll always find it.
Quote by reb_49
Yeah but keep in mind that Lee Ranaldo was a member of Glenn Branca's electric guitar ensemble. He had to learn about the tuning methods from him.

Their earlier stuff was mostily just random tuning until something sounded right (they used screwdrivers, hammers, drills and ect to make noise) but their later stuff had tunings based to where they sounded like a chord and worked from there.

Like Mote was basically G,G,D,D,Eb,Eb on Lee's guitar which sounded like a power chord when you hit it open. Catholic Block was D,D,D,D,A,A which made the guitar have this wall of sound kind of thing.

I'm not too sure really, all I know is that they sound great with their tunings

The only album I have by them is Daydream Nation, been meaning to get others though.

And I read about the guitar ensemble thing.

Also, is it sad that back when I sucked ass at guitar, I was still better at alternate tunings then I am now?
Quote by Ganoosh
Having been here for about 2 months, I feel awkward saying this. But you have much to learn.

It can be referred to simply as "The Pear".

Yeah, you're right.
I have a daisy on my toe!
Quote by crazy8rgood
The only album I have by them is Daydream Nation, been meaning to get others though.

And I read about the guitar ensemble thing.

Also, is it sad that back when I sucked ass at guitar, I was still better at alternate tunings then I am now?

Try out Dirty, Goo, Evol, Bad Moon Rising, and Sister it's their earlier stuff.

Sorry TS I'll stop posting from here.
Quote by LesPaulJR361

Well I hope you learned your lesson. Due to the rules, that's all I can say to you right now.
At least you don't have 8 out of 18 tabs that aren't rated within at least a month of posting ._.
Quote by Zinnie
god placed the fossils in earth to confuse the humans into thinking that earth is older than it actually is, therefore, making men try and think outside the box....

just kidding, there is no god

www.youtube.com/user/andrew12398
Daydream Nation is the only SY album I have as well, in fact I just got it today.

Its awesome
Quote by Bloodavian

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
Quote by andrew12398
At least you don't have 8 out of 18 tabs that aren't rated within at least a month of posting ._.

Dude. I posted 9 tabs in 2008, and only TWO of them are rated.
Quote by charliezard!
Dude. I posted 9 tabs in 2008, and only TWO of them are rated.

Okay you win

EDIT: You uploaded way more than 8 according to UG
Quote by Zinnie
god placed the fossils in earth to confuse the humans into thinking that earth is older than it actually is, therefore, making men try and think outside the box....

just kidding, there is no god

www.youtube.com/user/andrew12398
Last edited by andrew12398 at Jul 9, 2009,
Ive only posted one tab, it was a few weeks ago, has one rating so far.
Quote by Bloodavian

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
I've been posting things since probably 2003-2004, and half my stuff is still unrated.

I win.
Quote by MedicreDemon
shoulda saved it somewhere dumb ass

This.

Sorry, dude.

In my restless dreams...
I see that town.
Silent Hill.
You promised you'd take me there again someday.
But you never did.

Well, I'm alone there now.
In our 'special place'...
Waiting for you.