I was just wondering for future reference...

Once I get my Thrash Metal band together (like Gama Bomb, Uncle Slam, Vio-Lence, etc.), would it be a good idea to gig at a venue that consists of entirely Metalcore?

Here's a vid of a local band at the venue:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPCYHvzK1UI

As you can see, they suck, and every other band is like them...

So would it be a good idea to gig there for a while or would it just be a waste of time?

I know for a fact that my band will be a ton better than that band or any other band that usually plays there. If it isn't I'm quitting.

This was just a future reference question. Thanks!
wow that band does suck
but i am thinking your probably gonna crash and burn too
Fender American Special Telecaster
Blackstar HT-5
Wren and Cuff Tall Font Russian
BBE Sonic Stomp
Mojo Hand FX Recoil Delay
Empress ParaEQ
Your band has the upper hand in this ya know.

Every single band is Metalcore and your Thrash? Your band is mostly going to be remembered more if you play your cards right. If your band is lucky, you guys will probably be looked at as "a breathe of fresh air" at that venue.
No gig is a waste of time. Well, most gigs aren't a waste of time...

I suggest you play there. The audience seems enthusiastic, anyway. Metal fans are metal fans. Most of the people who like that stuff are likely to like thrash too. And there's no way you can be worse than that. Surely... It sounds like they're going for a blackgrungecore thing or something...
"There is no hell. There is only France." - Frank Zappa
I suggest you play there. The audience seems enthusiastic, anyway. Metal fans are metal fans.

+ 1 to this.
Call me Batman.
Quote by Shayne777
wow that band does suck
but i am thinking your probably gonna crash and burn too

No way man. if I ever make a band, it's going to be awesome.
Quote by herman ri2
Your band has the upper hand in this ya know.

Every single band is Metalcore and your Thrash? Your band is mostly going to be remembered more if you play your cards right. If your band is lucky, you guys will probably be looked at as "a breathe of fresh air" at that venue.

Yea I hope so. I just need to find good enough band members lol
Ahh, I'm trying to start a band like that, but it's a bitch finding a drummer.

but yeah, go for it, might pick up some more fans.
WONGA!
Quote by StringAssassin
I would be angry too if there were turds on my head.
Quote by MooshMooshMarc
Ahh, I'm trying to start a band like that, but it's a bitch finding a drummer.

but yeah, go for it, might pick up some more fans.

you want a band like the one I want or the local band I linked in the first post?
Quote by ChadHasADD
No way man. if I ever make a band, it's going to be awesome.

i think thats why he said it. im sure you do have alot of talent but that kind of arrogance? never good and it does cause most bands to fail however good the music is if band members don't get on you'll never get anywhere
back to your point
as long its a similar genre(an off branch of metal) then the venue should be fine
you never know you could turn metal core fans to thrash fans
good luck
Quote by ChadHasADD
you want a band like the one I want or the local band I linked in the first post?

like the one you want
WONGA!
Quote by StringAssassin
I would be angry too if there were turds on my head.
Quote by SlackerBabbath
There's a difference?

Why are so many people so obsessed with such exacting genres? It's very limiting to musicians.

Exactly. Damned if I could tell - or indeed give a sh!t about - the childish little differences between a Metalcore or a Thrash band. And venues don't give a damn either, as long as you make them some money one way or the other.
Ive never really heard of a venue doing only one genre

Or is it just that your local scene is very much -core oriented?
Quote by Tallman
Ive never really heard of a venue doing only one genre

Or is it just that your local scene is very much -core oriented?

he was inferring that the venue caters almost exclusively to bands/fans of that nature

play there I suppose.
Either way it's tough getting fans. Limit yourself not to one genre but to your minds intensity
Quote by SlackerBabbath
There's a difference?

Why are so many people so obsessed with such exacting genres? It's very limiting to musicians.

Isn't being in a cover band very limiting as well?
Quote by herman ri2
No
Quote by herman ri2

Yep, well, playing in a tribute band is anyway, but in a standard cover band, you have the whole world of music to choose from, but yeah, playing in a tribute band is definately very limiting, which is why I also play in a standard cover band and write and rehearse with an original band and write original stuff with varius different people too.
Y'see this is my point, it's all music, it's all influence, so to shut yourself off from all but a small section of it is very limiting.