Please can anybody help me!! I have a beringher modelling amp and a Boss ME-20 effects pedal. I can't seem to get a good sound out of the effects pedal when I hook it up to my amp. For one, when I am using an effects pedal should my amp be set to a clean sound or should I have overdrive on the amp as well? How do you balance everything to get good tone? Please help, im a newb!
Quote by ianr4930
Please can anybody help me!! I have a beringher modelling amp and a Boss ME-20 effects pedal. I can't seem to get a good sound out of the effects pedal when I hook it up to my amp. For one, when I am using an effects pedal should my amp be set to a clean sound or should I have overdrive on the amp as well? How do you balance everything to get good tone? Please help, im a newb!

I think I found your problem.
Smash it.

(pit answer)

Actually, it's probably because it's a modeling amp, and not made to accept multieffects well.

([semi]helpful answer)
Quote by GodofCheesecake
Excessive punctuation!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by dhutton
+infinity

I have infinity.
Quote by metharian
yea its way too much for my little stick lol
Keep it on clean

.....mr lincolnlogs is exactly correct about the amp
"You Laugh at me for Being Different. I laugh at you for all Being the Same."

Girls I want to Intercourse
Jessica Alba
Oprah
Girlicious (each of them)
Betty White
Quote by ianr4930
And do I need to have drive on the amp also or should I set that to zero?

Never combine a multieffect's distortion with an amp's built in distortion, unless you WANT to sound like ****.
Quote by GodofCheesecake

Quote by dhutton
+infinity

I have infinity.
Quote by metharian
You wanna get a good tone? Buy a decent full valve amp half stack, a series of analog or decent digital pedals, and tweak away. Modeling amps aren't great sounding, nor are multi effects pedals, so in combination, it's gonna suck alot.
My Gear
Guitars
Cort VX-2V
Basses
Stagg BC300
Amps
Marshall JCM900 4100 DR
Marshall 1965A
Hartke HA3500 Combo
yah my gears not the greatest but I will make do with what I have for now. So if im using an effects pedal I should never use the amps distortion at the same time?
Quote by ianr4930
yah my gears not the greatest but I will make do with what I have for now. So if im using an effects pedal I should never use the amps distortion at the same time?

It depends on what it is. Don't use a distortion pedal when your amp is on the drive channel
Quote by ianr4930

Yes, unless you are going for the most /3R()()TLZ distortion ever.
Quote by GodofCheesecake

Quote by dhutton
+infinity

I have infinity.
Quote by metharian
Quote by ianr4930

Yes sir.

Behringer is bad. Modeling amps aren't very well either, and aren't really made to handle much more than a clean guitar, as in, no effects.

A combination of both? You're screwed.

Also, try GG&A, but don't make a new thread, ask a mod to move it.
Quote by kwidjibo1
oh really? i didnt know children of bodom were better than a band far more famous and popular than them, cheers for the update

Quote by Mr.Maccy
Your from the states. I end my case.
Quote by ianr4930
how do I get an MOD to move it?

They'll get round to it, I've already reported your post so that it can be moved.
RIP Tom Searle.