I was practicing chord switching today with a metronome, most only among 3 chords, G,Asus4 and Em7. Mostly between G and Asus4 I seem to be experiencing tremendous wrist paint and pain in the tendon that controls my thumb (that is normal for a beginner). But the wrist pain makes me constantly need to stop and rest my hand. Are there any wrist exercises that I can do to reduce the pain?
The content of this signature is pretty much irrelevant
(read my sig)
Quote by GodofCheesecake
Excessive punctuation!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by dhutton
+infinity

I have infinity.
Quote by metharian
yea its way too much for my little stick lol
Quote by sw1ss023
(read my sig)

Yeah, thanks for that...

Quote by deluxity
stretch it, before and after you play

I do that yet the same result.
The content of this signature is pretty much irrelevant
Ive played (seriously) for 3-4 years now and ive never had a problem like yours - from guitar at least (insert masterbating joke/comment/etc here) - but it sounds like youve not warmed up and streched a tendon. Come to think about it, is it definetly from playing? You haven't caused this through something else?
Anyway, if i was you id either stop playing totally for a week or so then check it out again. Boring, i know, but if you cause something long-lasting or *gulp* permanent, you will always regret it. If you just cant stop playing then stick to stuff that doesnt require complicated fingering, streches and the like. Do scales like good ol' pentatonic or some blues scales. If it hasn't gone away within two weeks see a doc. Otherwise just remember to warm-up and get loose before you play. Also check how youre playing. Is your technique causing it? Like i said, ive played a lot - and i mean A LOT - for the last few years and never had pain like you describe. Fatigue? You bet, but pain? No. Hope you get better qucik!
Quote by rock.freak667
I was practicing chord switching today with a metronome, most only among 3 chords, G,Asus4 and Em7. Mostly between G and Asus4 I seem to be experiencing tremendous wrist paint and pain in the tendon that controls my thumb (that is normal for a beginner). But the wrist pain makes me constantly need to stop and rest my hand. Are there any wrist exercises that I can do to reduce the pain?
Thats not normal. You shouldn't have lots of wrist pain, and you certainly shouldn't have tendon pain. At most you should have sore fingertips and a bit of muscle ache.

Watch freepower's posture vid (on his profile) and read the posture section of the techniques sticky - and go to your doc to check if you've already given yourself carpal tunnel/rsi
As Zhilla said that level of pain is not normal. As well as checking out general posture stuff (like Freepower's vid) and seeing your doctor some quick things that spring to mind specifically you might want to have a look at are how much are you bending your wrist when you're playing these chords, particularly how far forward are you pushing your wrist? Secondly, how tight are you holding the neck of your guitar? If you're clinging onto it like your life depended on it that might be a factor in your wrist hurting.

Good luck