Well all my life, I've had two pets (birds and fish). I've always wanted you know a cool pet, a pet that didnt just sit there and stare at you or make fishy faces and go bloop bloop and swimmy in its own craps.

I live near Lancaster, PA. Most of you dog owners should know that this is the puppy mill capitol of the USA...

I don't know any breeders giving them away for free .

I'd like a cheap dog (German Shepard, Alaskan Husky, Golden Retriever or a Labrador, or the dog from Cowboy Bebop...i think its called a Welsh Corgi) are these "cheap" breeds?

Or a mixed cat, the one that looks cute and I could make lots of lol cats with (sorry my ignorance towards cat species and breeds). I think they're called tabby cats?

So my question is besides going to a puppy mill, where else could i get a dog or say a cat.
Quote by tubguy92
Well all my life, I've had two pets (birds and fish). I've always wanted you know a cool pet, a pet that didnt just sit there and stare at you or make fishy faces and go bloop bloop and swimmy in its own craps.

I live near Lancaster, PA. Most of you dog owners should know that this is the puppy mill capitol of the USA...

I don't know any breeders giving them away for free .

I'd like a cheap dog (German Shepard, Alaskan Husky, Golden Retriever or a Labrador, or the dog from Cowboy Bebop...i think its called a Welsh Corgi) are these "cheap" breeds?

Or a mixed cat, the one that looks cute and I could make lots of lol cats with (sorry my ignorance towards cat species and breeds). I think they're called tabby cats?

So my question is besides going to a puppy mill, where else could i get a dog or say a cat.

German Shepherds are NOT cheap. I have one, and we later found out he came from a puppy mill (we got him from a store in the mall). He has tons of health problems. If you want one go to a GSD rescue or Breeder. If you go to a breeder they are expensive. EDIT: And they shed TONS!

Go to a Humane Society or Shelter. There are plenty of good dogs and cats there =).
Part of this Complete Breakfast!
Last edited by Flippy Floppy at Jul 10, 2009,
Quote by parigod
Your local pound/animal shelter.

+1

I'd take a mutt in a pound over a purebred in a breeders mill anyday.
Poop.

Yes, poop.
Welsh Corgis are extremely smart dogs but they can use it against you. If you don't give that little bastard everything it wants it WILL purposefully take a dump on your bed when you are out of the house. Labs are probably the best dogs you could possibly have.
Quote by PiNk_ThE_pUnK
It's way too sunny and warm here today to listen to black metal, I shall bookmark it and come back when the weather is worse.
Quote by Flippy Floppy
German Shepherds are NOT cheap. I have one, and we later found out he came from a puppy mill (we got him from a store in the mall). He has tons of health problems. If you want one go to a GSD rescue or Breeder. If you go to a breeder they are expensive.

Go to a Humane Society or Shelter. There are plenty of good dogs and cats there =).

how does the humane society or a shelter work?
Quote by justin19954
Go on craigslist.

Wow, if you think that is funny, you're a sick bastard.

1. You know of the stories of dog selling scams.
2. Why would you recommend that over animal shelters? You obviously are a genuine cold hearted ingrate.
Quote by tubguy92
how does the humane society or a shelter work?

For adoption?

To my understanding you go in during one of their times to view the animals (check for some in you area) and tell them what you're looking for. They'll show you all their different animals available for adoption and you can take some out to see if you like them. If you find one you like you fill out a bunch of paperwork and you'll pay something like $100-$150 dollars or something.

If that's wrong, anybody feel free to correct me.
Part of this Complete Breakfast!
Quote by tubguy92
Wow, if you think that is funny, you're a sick bastard.

1. You know of the stories of dog selling scams.
2. Why would you recommend that over animal shelters? You obviously are a genuine cold hearted ingrate.

wow dude chill

I got a free lab puppy off craigslist
I think the Humane Society also gives the animal it's vaccinations and microchip.
"The rule of law -- it must be held high! And if it falls you pick it up and hold it even higher!" - Hercule Poirot

© Soul Power
Quote by Soul Power
I think the Humane Society also gives the animal it's vaccinations and microchip.

do they also make it so that pets can't breed?

I want my pet to able to breed so i can have little baby kittens or puppies
Quote by tubguy92

Sometimes. You will know when you go there.

Please be very careful though about letting your pet breed. You will need to secure homes for the puppies or kittens lest they end up without a home and genetically it can be risky to breed animals.

As for the original question, I highly recommend adopting animals.
WARNING:This post contains explicit portrayals of violence; sex; violent sex; sexual violence; clowns and violent scenes of violent excess, which are definitely not suitable for all audiences.
Quote by tubguy92

I think they are either spayed and neutered when you get them, or they will give you a coupon to come back and get it done.
Lancaster?

Represent man!

I'd just check Craigslist or newspaper ads.
It all makes sense
We're capable of beauty
Through sounds that make on cringe
The dogs only hear us now

Quote by spartan 118
Lancaster?

Represent man!

I'd just check Craigslist or newspaper ads.

lol more like harrisburg :P

and you what you doing on my internet GET OFF :P
Try finding a friend that has a prego cat!
Thats where mine came from.
Straight from the vag to me!

I call him Charlie Bucket. Chillest cat.

He also like to lay in a bra while I play guitar!
Guitars
- Schecter Tempest
- Epi LP Custom
- Ovation Acoustic
- BC Rich Dagger
Quote by suprfly

Amps & Effects
- B-52 AT-100
- Girlfriend (doubles as a Tube Screamer)
- Steve Vai Bad horsie 2

Quote by MightyAl
This strength is built and maintained by masturbation.