In the Police song Roxanne, what does "You don't have to put on the red light" mean? It's bugging the crap out of me because I don't know what it means at all.
Newbie of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join!
She put a red laser on her gun, that lyric means that the police are talking her down from a hostage situation, and don't want her to shoot anybody.
Xbox Live GT: IX Michael IX
lol that she doesn't have to whore herself anymore.

Roxanne you don't have to put on the red light those days are over you don't have to sell you body to the night Roxanne you don't have to wear that dress tonight walk the streets for money you don't care if it's wrong or if it's right Roxanne You don't have to put on the red light I loved you since I knew you I wouldn't talk down to you I have to tell you just how I feel I won't share you with another boy I know my mind is made up so put away your makeup told you once I won't tell you again It's a bad way Roxanne you don't have to put on the red light Roxanne you don't have to put on the red light
Last edited by Tire Me. at Jul 10, 2009,
I figured it out I think it has to do with the red-light district where there's a bunch of sex shops and prostitutes stuff.
Well excuse me for being retarded.
In the 80's people wore red lights on their heads and toggled them from on to off with a switch, mounted on a power pack, which you wore on your belt. It was the style, bro.
Quote by xMetalGodx
I'm not quite sure if you were trying to be funny or if you have a learning disability, either way, I was not amused.

He is not amused.
Quote by abdulalhazred
you are the best 09er EVER! i am sending you a friend request as soon as i send this

I always interpreted it that she had to go hit the crosswalk button to put on the red light to get cars to stop and "get all up in her goodies for mad profit". or however you say it
Fender MIM Standard lefty strat (midnight wine, sexy i know)
Vox DA15
Quote by rock.meet Slash
oh yes but do they have....THE PIT?

Quote by rickmeister
Stealing is cool again? Sweet, I'm gonna rob a Subway brb