Page 1 of 2

This guitar just looks so Beastly, I cant find were to buy it though or even how much it is. What do you guys think?
Quote by hide_the_beer
"The sun is a cube, not a sphere."

"The sun is a cube, not a sphere."

crazy?

Quote by hide_the_beer
Aw man. Out of context! People are going to think I'm crazy.

"The sun is a sphere, not a cube."

"The sun is a sphere, not a cube."

nope
you buy them on the site i think....it should be a tab like "buy a DBZ"

edit, nvm, it just says order them.
Obsession! Obsessive! Obsessed! Abscess!
Last edited by Dimefan69 at Jul 10, 2009,
Quote by siverstorm
lmao it looks like a V with a hard-on :P

Hahahahahahahahaha!

Yea it kinda does.

Anyways TS if you do order could you post how much it's gonna cost you? I've been wondering how much these DBZ guitars are actually gonna cost.
(Gear in profile)

Yes I do like metal, no I'm not a close minded idiot.
i like the flame top and the fret access looks good, but other than that its kinda too metal for my tastes
Gear:
Jackson SL1 !
Jackson SLS3 w/ bk warpig
ibanez RGA 121 with D sonic and paf pro
peavey triple X with JJ 6L6s and celestion G12k-100
bad monkey
mxr 10 band eq
digitech hardwire dl8
paul gilbert's airplane flanger
Quote by peccas

This guitar just looks so Beastly, I cant find were to buy it though or even how much it is. What do you guys think?

Would look so much cooler without that **** in the body. Haha, ironic enough it's made out of wood.

I thought DBZ's weren't out yet?
FIGHT MY BRUTE!
Quote by Tackleberry
Only time Ive seen a true single coil in a chrome humbucker housing was chinese knock off where they claimed it was a humbucker but half the housing was empty.
I hate when people bash a guitar because it doesn't look like every other one.
"My jedi powers are far more superior than yours"
Quote by RabbidWolf

There's a difference between creative, and dumb.
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Gibson Faded V
Warmoth Strat copy
Epiphone Hummingbird (FS!!)
Ibanez SR400QM
Fender BXR100
Reggae Bass Covers mahn!!!

Quote by RabbidWolf

we bash it cause it's ugly in ****ing general. we can see you like these kind of ones cause you have a bc rich and wish no one bagged you about it lol
Quote by RabbidWolf

I hate it when people can't accept someone having a legitimate opinion other than their own.
We think it's an ugly guitar, TS likes it. Everyone has just told him how exactly to go about buying one despite not liking it.
^^This is partway true... lol

I don't really like this one in particular but it seems if a guitar isn't an LP or strat body its marked off as ugly. I'm glad companies like this come up with innovative designs to get past these boring ass shapes.
Quote by RabbidWolf

I don't really like this one in particular but it seems if a guitar isn't an LP or strat body its marked off as ugly. I'm glad companies like this come up with innovative designs to get past these boring ass shapes.

Well that's not true, so...
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Gibson Faded V
Warmoth Strat copy
Epiphone Hummingbird (FS!!)
Ibanez SR400QM
Fender BXR100
Reggae Bass Covers mahn!!!

Quote by RabbidWolf

Its mostly because the people who try to make innovative designs go bat**** insane with shapes and start making them pointy in an attempt to appeal to metalheads. Guitars that really go all out like this and most B.C. Rich's aren't really designed to appeal to everyone. There's relatively few calmer innovative shapes that would probably be more successful.
These look a lot better in person, but I'm not sure on the pricing. Somebody on here had a link to where you could buy the USA guitars but they were insanely expensive. Also I think the headstock looks to big on this particular model, some BoP's have a "floating logo" headstock that looks a lot better
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
Quote by ApeWeevil
Its mostly because the people who try to make innovative designs go bat**** insane with shapes and start making them pointy in an attempt to appeal to metalheads. Guitars that really go all out like this and most B.C. Rich's aren't really designed to appeal to everyone. There's relatively few calmer innovative shapes that would probably be more successful.

You're not bringing BC Rich into this just cause I have one now are you? haha
Yes you have a good point and I agree, it'd be nice to have some unique shapes but not so radical. Thanks for explaining your opinions instead of throwing out comments without any backing
There is a link to DBZ's main site in my sig. Please look at it. Everyone is bashing the Dark side of dean guitars, which is understandable. they are metal guitars. But their main site has some less extreme guitars that some of you may like.

here are some prices: http://www.carlinoguitars.com/DBZguitars.html

USA 1 + 2 = Made in USA guitars
Page 1 + 2 = Made in China guitars (yes i said china, but they might be pretty good)
Page 3 + 4 = Made in Japan guitars.
Page 5 = Religion Series ( made, idk).

DBZ has the foundation of a great company. But if you are just looking at the pictures on the site, you won't get an idea of how intricate they are. look at some of the NAMM pics. You can get a better idea of how three dimensional they are. They definitely look better in person.
"If A is a success in life, then A equals x + y + z. Work = x; y = play; and z = keeping your mouth shut."
--Einstein

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
--Einstein
Quote by JKMV11
Page 5 = Religion Series (Made in Jew-ville).

Fixed.

The Venom is a sexy beast of a guitar, I love the look, but I'm desperate to hear how well it sounds.

They're actually a lot more pricey than I imagined. I thought it was going to be more of an Agile series all over again, only this time with steroids.
FIGHT MY BRUTE!
Quote by Tackleberry
Only time Ive seen a true single coil in a chrome humbucker housing was chinese knock off where they claimed it was a humbucker but half the housing was empty.
Last edited by TheJem at Jul 11, 2009,
Quote by TheJem
Fixed.

The Venom is a sexy beast of a guitar, I love the look, but I'm desperate to hear how well it sounds.

They're actually a lot more pricey than I imagined. I thought it was going to be more of an Agile series all over again, only this time with steroids.

Ya, very funny. not really.

The Venom is really nice....i like the black one with the red on the sides.

these are no beginner crap guitars. Dean Z. has done his best to make sure these are quality guitars. We'll see what they are like when they hit the stores. I foresee DBZ outshining Dean guitars. But only time will tell.
"If A is a success in life, then A equals x + y + z. Work = x; y = play; and z = keeping your mouth shut."
--Einstein

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
--Einstein
Quote by RabbidWolf
and I hate ugly ass guitars.
To answer TS question, its $969 according to a link posted earlier.

And to be honest, I think it looks like garbage.
Ibanez RGT42DX
Vox AC30C2
Digitech Whammy (FOR SALE!)
Dunlop GCB-95F Crybaby
Boss DD-20
Boss SD-1
Ibanez TS9DX
MXR M-108 10 Band EQ
Imo it looks terrible but what ever floats your boat idk what you buy.

Anways looking at that link it looks like there heading in the direction of dean but with an added japan series. honestly I don't care what parts they put on it, if it's made in china and still costing 1000 I don't want it. There japan nseries looks decent. American made looks over-priced unless those guitars are all being made by there custom shop.
My Gear:
Jackson DK2M
PRS Paul Allender Sig
Epiphone SG Special
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Micro Cube
My friend wasn't one and called guitar center. They said they might not even go with carrying them.
Gibson Thunderhorse
Jackson RR24M
B52 AT100
Quote by gstacey1
idk what you buy.

I don't kare

My friend wasn't one and called guitar center. They said they might not even go with carrying them.

I sure hope they don't. It really seems like one of those guitars that is way overpriced just because it has a radical shape that appeals to little kids.
Ibanez RGT42DX
Vox AC30C2
Dunlop GCB-95F Crybaby
Boss DD-20
Boss SD-1
Ibanez TS9DX
MXR M-108 10 Band EQ
Damn theres some pricks in this thread.

TS, dont listen to any of them. If you like, by all means buy it. Just because someone doesnt appreciate something, doesnt mean you shouldnt be able to. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Not the opinion of pricks.
Quote by gstacey1
Imo it looks terrible but what ever floats your boat idk what you buy.

Anways looking at that link it looks like there heading in the direction of dean but with an added japan series. honestly I don't care what parts they put on it, if it's made in china and still costing 1000 I don't want it. There japan nseries looks decent. American made looks over-priced unless those guitars are all being made by there custom shop.

The Chinese guitars are less than $1000. the USA ones are made in their custom shop in Chicago.

And i have a feeling you guys are looking at the darks side, not their main site. two different concepts. I can see why you guys don't like the Dark side guitars, but some of you might see the main guitars and like them.
--Einstein

--Einstein
Last edited by JKMV11 at Jul 11, 2009,
Is Mr. Zelinksy going back to Chicago with these? Nothing can replace the original Vintage handmade Dean Guitars but I expect these to rival them in quality. Hell they cost almost as much as a Vintage one
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
Quote by nickdohle
Damn theres some pricks in this thread.

TS, dont listen to any of them. If you like, by all means buy it. Just because someone doesnt appreciate something, doesnt mean you shouldnt be able to. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Not the opinion of pricks.

He asked "What do you guys think" and we were straight up with him. We voiced our opinions that it looked ridiculous, answering the exact question he asked. We gave him the price and everything he asked for. Whether or not he buys it is his own decision, not ours. If he likes it then yes it shouldn't matter what others think, but don't come in here calling us pricks for answering his question. Grow up or leave if you're going to do that.
Ibanez RGT42DX
Vox AC30C2
Dunlop GCB-95F Crybaby
Boss DD-20
Boss SD-1
Ibanez TS9DX
MXR M-108 10 Band EQ
Quote by fullsailstudent

Well man, when you pair with that ugly hunk of junk, of course the eye value goes down.

Here is a better comparison chart I made myself...

Now, it can't be just me. That Bird of Prey is off the chain. Compared to the razorback here it looks downright evil.

DBZ Barchetta Eminent FR
DBZ Bolero ST
DBZ Imperial FM
DBZ Venom Matte Black
Dean '79 V
Dean '79 ML
Fender Princeton Chorus
Behringer V-Tone 2/12
Asterope Cables
Dunlop Cry Baby Wah
Digitech Hardware Metal Distortion
Page 1 of 2