Think 1979 - Smashing Pumpkins...

Stuff like that or stuff like Oasis's Wonderwall or Radiohead's Fake Plastic Trees...
try shoegaze music like Cocteau twins maybe?
THOU SHALL NOT PASS!

My gear is not worth mentioning.
Quote by TechnoJesus™
try shoegaze music like Cocteau twins maybe?

What is this shoegaze I keep hearing about?

It was the only task I would undertake...

I P R O G
...to reap the harvest that was mine

- [ P R O G - H E A D ? ] -
Aria of Strings I believe is one but thats a classical song...
Radiohead did one called Street Spirit (Fade Out) that is one of their saddest songs ever...
My #1 pick has actually been Bright Eyes - It's cool we can still be friends
Link to that one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSMHcT-TqJw
shoegaze is not really around anymore but its basically like chill kinda sad sounding melancholic kinda 80's i'd say
THOU SHALL NOT PASS!

My gear is not worth mentioning.
Rusted Wheel by Silversun Pickups is a good one
Music for a Nurse by Oceansize is cool too
oh i forgot the songs have to be able to be played on acoustic guitar

Dammit. I was gonna recommend Fade to Black, the first half of One, and My Friend of Misery, all by Metallica.

I think you could probably rearrange some parts to work on acoustic guitar - I did it for One and Fade to Black.
Coast, Terminal, and Winter by The Devin Townsend Project Ki.
*reported*... twice in one reply!

OH NOES!!! Theowy is scawY!!!
Quote by diminishedtobme
No such thing. "Melancholic" is subjective.

Here we go again...
Quote by SteveHouse
This thread is officially about sucking Sleaze off for a sig.

Quote by tayroar
Hey Sleaze I'll give you a blowjob if you sig me. Maybe even some nudey photos?

Quote by crazy8rgood

Sleaze, that made me lulz in my pants.

Quote by 36mikeyb36
hahaha Sleaze i'd give you my mom for that one.
Quote by MetalGS3SE
What is this shoegaze I keep hearing about?

Look up My Bloody Valentine's Loveless.
Oct. 20th, 2009: New guitar AND front row for Mars Volta.

Quote by denizenz
Is that a ukulele in your pants, or did you just rip ass to the tune of "Aloha Oi"?

I met Sonic Youth on June 30th, and Mars Volta on Oct 20th.
Thirty-Three by Smashing Pumpkins
No Surprises or Street Spirit by Radiohead
Any Song by Elliott Smith (srsly)
Quote by DirtyMakik
Hand Solo... got it?

Hand... Solo!

*makes fapping movement*

aww forget it.
Quote by Sleaze Disease
Here we go again...

We "go here again" because narcissistic idiots think that their emotions are so significant as to be objective phenomenon. Apparently, his emotions are the standard by which ours are to be judged, and so it's possible for us to hear a song and say "Hey! This song is objectively sad. It will certainly make this other person who isn't me feel the same way that it makes me feel!".
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
Quote by Archeo Avis
We "go here again" because narcissistic idiots think that their emotions are so significant as to be objective phenomenon. Apparently, his emotions are the standard by which ours are to be judged, and so it's possible for us to hear a song and say "Hey! This song is objectively sad. It will certainly make this other person who isn't me feel the same way that it makes me feel!".

They're objectively wrong about the presence subjectivity or lack thereof in the interpretation of music! You'd think interpretation would be a buzz word for subjectivity, but I guess people really never learn that only they think like they do (maybe they should get into solipsism, that way they can still recognize this but also be egotistic). Maybe if they met someone with OCD they would realize that people are bound to interpret subjective things differently, because someone with OCD thinks so differently then a regular person in the first place and it's obvious at first meet.

..holy tangent!

Anyway, I can think of a million songs that I think are sad, but I won't mention them. You see, if I were to listen to all the songs in this thread, I probably wouldn't find very many of them sad. It's hard to agree on whether a song is sad or not. Right now, I'm listening to Setiment by Cynic and I think it's very sad, but I doubt very many people here will think so (no, this is not an invitation to announce if you do. If you don't, however, feel free to announce it and prove my point). There are only a few songs that most of us here would be able to agree are sad only because most of us here grew up associating it with sad. An easy example would be Stairway to Heaven. Most of us have heard all of our lives. A way better example would be the first movement of Moonlight Santa which has been plug-and-played everywhere. I still have no doubts though that someone on this forum doesn't think that sounds very sad. Beyond this forum (and beyond relevancy for just a second), people who grew up with completely different musical systems would think that Moonlight Sonata sounds like horse ****. So, oh well? I'm unsure why you were asking the question in the first place, TS, so I can't give you an actual answer.
i don't know why i feel so dry
^^^As if to prove Eastwinn's point I've never found stairway to heaven to be sad
Quote by Archeo Avis

Or you could just, you know, let it go for once and not say anything.
Just a suggestion.
Quote by SteveHouse
This thread is officially about sucking Sleaze off for a sig.

Quote by tayroar
Hey Sleaze I'll give you a blowjob if you sig me. Maybe even some nudey photos?

Quote by crazy8rgood

Sleaze, that made me lulz in my pants.

Quote by 36mikeyb36
hahaha Sleaze i'd give you my mom for that one.