Hey there GB&C! Sorry to bug you all so much, but I have a question that I've wondered about for a while. It's the kind of thing that comes up repeatedly for me: How does the wattage of a speaker affect it's sound (if at all)?

Now, I play a Vox AD50VT, and my friend a Spider III with a 75W Celestion. They're both 12" speakers, and my friend says that it makes no difference to sound. If it doesn't, what is the difference?

Also, as a side note, i was looking into getting a custom cab made. The application form asked for preferred wattage. Is that just a concern about the Head, or something different?

If there's a master wattage thread, i'm terribly sorry, but i didn't find it. And help is appreciated.

Thanks!
Is this place online where you can get a custom amp head.. If so what is the link cause i would sure check it out. But in my opinion. i think the wattage of the speaker just means it will go louder.
Quote by MetalGuitarest
Is this place online where you can get a custom amp head.. If so what is the link cause i would sure check it out. But in my opinion. i think the wattage of the speaker just means it will go louder.

I can't exactly just advertise on this site, but i'll P.M. the link to you (it's for hand-made speaker cabinets, not heads). Also, i'm looking into the mechanics of how it would be louder.
a speaker rated for a higher wattage won't make your amp louder.

the sensitivity of a speaker can affect that, though.

the only thing that'll be different between speakers with different wattage ratings, is the higher-rated one will have more clean headroom (the lowe-rated one will break up sooner, and have more speaker distortion)

...although, the tone between your two speakers can be really different, no matter what the power rating..