what was the most kickass or memorable show youve been to?
mine will probably be metallica with LOG and gorjira cause its my first show

and my own show is my first gig at a MMA show where i played the national anthem in front of 1000 ppl i was only 13 i almost crapped myself

EDIT: if you wanna include worst show go ahead
Last edited by dethbymetal15 at Jul 11, 2009,
Probably Megadeth. Just because of how crazy the crowd was. I was scared for my life.

But the best show I've seen was AC/DC. Hands down.

Favorite show musically I've seen was Dream Theater.

Favorite show I've played was when my old band opened up for Kamelot in Atlanta to over 1000 people.
I consider myself to be a metalhead, but the best show I've ever seen was Pink Floyd.
Tool.

NOTHING will ever beat Tool.

EDIT: most of the shows i've been to have left me some good memories:

Korn/Disturbed/Trust Compay - first show ever... also first time i saw boobs in person (i was 13)

Taste of Chaos (Bless The Fall, D'espaisray, Atreyu, Avenged Sevenfold) - Probably first show i enjoy with a lot of friends

Tool - eh, do i need to say more?

Trivium, Bullet For My Valentine, Coheed and Cambria, Slipknot - went with friends... walked out with gf

Streetfest - Trapt, Candlebox, Lacuna Coil and other bands - Cristina Scabbia!?! And i love Candlebox... too bad i had to leave in the beginning of their set cuz i had to work.

Meh... those are the ones i remember the most.
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
Last edited by evening_crow at Jul 10, 2009,
metallica. they played in the round so they were really close to everyone. it was the craziness of an arena with the intimacy of a smaller venue. their sound was crushing! im going again in september
Quote by MetalUpYourRear
Probably Megadeth. Just because of how crazy the crowd was. I was scared for my life.

But the best show I've seen was AC/DC. Hands down.

Favorite show musically I've seen was Dream Theater.

Favorite show I've played was when my old band opened up for Kamelot in Atlanta to over 1000 people.

This post is full of confusion to me.
Quote by Teh Traineez0rz
yeah was weird cause she liked us both but she loved him and for some reason she let me know beforehand.

i just wanted her poon and she wanted me to have her poon.

so i had myself some poon.
hard to say. either Tool (best atmosphere), Maiden x2 (best crowds), Meshuggah or Opeth.
AC/DC was amazing for me, I think the fact that we had to drive from Pittsburgh to Columbus, get hit with a snowstorm, sit in traffic, miss the opening act, and barely make it the the arena in time made it so worthwhile for some reason. They were just so alive and it felt like accomplished something by making it there.

My first real rock concert was the Rolling Stones, very memorable for me, thanks to Mick Jagger.

Joe Satriani blew my mind though, not only because I'm a guitarist. Because I'm a musician, I think any musician could appreciate that kind of talent. His show was unbelievable.
Quote by oncetaken
metallica. they played in the round so they were really close to everyone. it was the craziness of an arena with the intimacy of a smaller venue. their sound was crushing! im going again in september

I've met them a few times, and they ALWAYS put on a good show... they were a close second to Pink Floyd though. I hate to admit it, but it's true.

I guess it depends on what your criteria are.
Everybody who has seen Tool says that they have the best shows, but i´ve never seen them
Maiden was incredible, my life was pretty much complete after I saw that show. Seeing Helloween and Gamma Ray together was also awesome.
Going to Paganfest was probably my favourite show and seeing as I haven't been to a show in awhile and don't really plan on going either (too far, too expensive, no time) that was the best. Great time though, singing Lai Lai Hey and Into Battle with Ensiferum was epic. All of the bands were great that night, Turisas was hilarious too. Fun night.
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
Either Megadeth and Machinehead last year because it was my first show, or Maiden this year, because watching them was such an emotional moment, it's the band which got me into music.
Uncle Vernon, Uncle Vernon,
independent as a hog on ice,
He's a big shot down there at the slaughterhouse,
Plays accordion for Mr. Weiss
Goat*****, Hypocrisy, Decapitated, Suffocation, and Fear Factory. Hands down.

Seeing Cynic and Meshuggah was a close second, though.
Quote by Inimical
Goat*****, Hypocrisy, Decapitated, Suffocation, and Fear Factory. Hands down.

Seeing Cynic and Meshuggah was a close second, though.

Holy shit you saw Decapitated???

I wish I could have seen them before **** happened. Damn that would be an awesome show.

My favorites would either be Cannibal Corpse/Necrophagist, or Amon Amarth and Ensiferum, or Mayhem, or Suffocation/Dying Fetus/Necrophagist/Ensiferum.... Hmm it's hard to say.

My first concert was super badass for it being the first one, Morbid Angel and Behemoth with Krisiun......

I wouldn't be suprised though if this up-coming concert will be the best one yet, Cannibal Corpse/Behemoth in five fuckin days! So pumped...
I truly am my own redeemer
Blindly I follow none but myself
Without fear I am
Unhallowed be my name

Myself am hell and hell I shall unleash
I laugh at Thee to scorn
Mock Thy majesty
Pour forth my chalice ov victory
Rodrigo y Gabriella.

srsly.
Quote by beadhangingOne
There is no music but metal and muhammad is its prophet.
Quote by EZLN libertad
Rodrigo y Gabriella.

srsly.

Can't blame you... they're really good musicians and have some really great stuff. Also their arrangements for cover songs are awesome and let's admit it... it's nice seeing a woman playing a male-dominated instrument.

Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
heaven and hell with down. when down played, there weren't too many people in there, and me and my mate where the only ones headbanging in the seated section. phil pointed saw us, pointed at us, and yelled "**** yeah"
and then there was heaven and hell...****ing amazing.

iron maiden were really awesome too, but we were in the back seats in an arena...even then it still had an awesome atmosphere.
a local band called four dead...the singer goes nuts every time they play...he just rages around without looking too much, and usually ends up hurting himself.

and although i've only played 2 shows and a bunch of parties, parties are usually much more fun.
Quote by B4Dkarma
When you look at a guy and immediately go, "wow, what a douchebag"

that is what girls find attractive.
the greatest concert i have been to has to be AC/DC in copenhagen. me and a buddy of mine went over there with my brother in law and his brother to see them. it was incredible.

if not that one, then hatesphere. first show i ever crowdsurfed, and i got up on stage and played airguitar next to the guitarist. it was friggin' badass
Cynic/Meshuggah/The Faceless was the most fun, but the most memorable ever will be when I saw Buckethead and the AMAZING That 1 Guy. I hope to see Bucket again, very soon.
Either seeing Necrophagist/suffocation/dyng fetus/origin or the metalfest where I saw Carcass/Suffocation/Exodus/Decrepit Birth. Paganfest would probably have been if we weren't stuck outside the venue....It was still a great show, though.
Van Halen, Metallica, or Judas Priest (tough call for me).

As for my biggest disappointment (I know the thread didn't call for it): Dream Theater...I just couldn't get into them live.
To tell the truth, the best gig I was ever at was Primordial/Mourning Beloveth in Dublin last year, OR the Desaster gig in Cork 2 years ago. Both gigs were fuelled by insane commitment/alcoholism and simply blew me away in every respect.

Primordial for the spine-chilling power,

Desaster for the neck-breaking enthusiasm.

Its a tough call.....
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
Overkill hands down best live metal band ever

Close others would have to be Heaven and Hell, Judas Priest, Megadeth, or Testament