So yeah, I'm learning piano, and I was wondering if UG could recommend me some simple classical songs to learn? I'm quite the classical music n00b, only song I could name is Fur Elise, so anybody wanna help me out here?
Also, if this is in the wrong forum or against the rules somehow I apologize.
Moonlight Sonata by Beethoven its a depressive and slow piece i like it and its simple
Last edited by metalheadblues at Jul 10, 2009,
Quote by metalheadblues
Moonlight Sonata by Beethoven its a depressive and slow piece i like it and its simple

well the first movement is, but the third is actually pretty fast.

look up some chopin and mozart. they had some good piano stuff like the minute waltz and rondo alla turca. just go on youtube and seach for some classical piano pieces and go from there.
Mikrokosmos by Bela bartok, it's kind of a "method" to learn piano, it goes from really simplistic to complicated pieces

it's a six volume work, and it's not hard to download a pdf of it.

if you can't, PM me
it may not be a classical piece but promise (reprise) is pretty fun to play. It was the first song I starting learning on piano.
frog_friend and WGP: UG's Kramer brotherhood

Ug's 4th ENGL endorser
Randy Rhoads is god
founder of the "ENGL amps" fanclub. PM me to join
Go to your local music store (one that sells instruments, not cd's and stuff). They've bound to have some sort of piano methods with classical parts in them.
Didn't he say simple songs??? If you are a complete beginner you should try something like When the saints go marching in or something. What songs do you know, or do you know your positions and scales and etc.?
The first movement of moonlight sonata is pretty easy, but not that easy. It is also going to be really slow to learn if you arent good at reading sheet music yet. Mozart as some pretty easy sonatas, but they aren't really good for someone JUST starting. Try something really simple out of a beginners piano book.
Quote by UtBDan
this man hits the nail on the head.
if you can use boths hands i would recomend nightswimming by R.E.M. i consider myself a complete piano beginer but i can play this with ease
Quote by travs2448
is the puppy solid state or tube?

Quote by diceksox1809
solid state. when she screams it pisses me off

^

Quote by GrizzlyFnAdams6
Dimebag had s*** tone and that guitar plays like an abortion. Come at me, bro!

Quote by jpatan
It's because Garth Brooks brings the ****in' br00tz.
I have a really easy version of the Ode to Joy from Beethoven's 9th lying around if you want it. Message me and I'll PM it to you.
"I love music, it's not like math. In music, 2+2 can equal 5, if it's a pretty enough 5." -Samuel R. Hazo

"Alle menschen werden bruder- all men become brothers"
-Ludwig Van Beethoven, from his 9th Symphony.

-John