I doubt anyone will know this, but I'll give it a shot.

I just got the 75 watt version of the Peavey Vypyr. The distortion is pretty damn loud, however, I cannot figure out how to make the clean loud. Obviously the distortion is going to sound louder. But there is no way the clean is as loud as it goes.

I have a gig coming up with my band in about 2 weeks. Hopefully I can figure it out. lol.

Thanks in advance.
I'm assuming you have the master volume up all the way?

Maybe play around with the post & pre gain?
Boost the Post-amp gain on the Clean channel, cut the post amp gain on the distortion; do both until they are about the same volume. Then just turn the amp up.
'89 MIJ Fender Strat
Rivera S-120
'60s PEPCO Model 211 5w head
'60s Paul (Pepco) 1x12 tube amp
'60s Harmony H303a 1x10 tube amp
Quote by theacousticpunk
Boost the Post-amp gain on the Clean channel, cut the post amp gain on the distortion; do both until they are about the same volume. Then just turn the amp up.

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll go try it out.

Do y'all think a 75 watt amp will be loud enough for a gig? We don't play big gigs or anything . . .
It's loud enough. I've used mine for a couple gigs when my tube amp was getting repaired, and it worked well.
'89 MIJ Fender Strat
Rivera S-120
Quote by theacousticpunk
It's loud enough. I've used mine for a couple gigs when my tube amp was getting repaired, and it worked well.

Awesome man. I didn't know you had the amp.

I'm pretty happy with it, but I can't figure out how to get the clean boosted. I haven't tried your suggestion yet. I'll try it in the morning.

The tuner is a pain in the ass. I read so many positive things about it, but it is pretty annoying to me.

And there's also like an echo type effect which I can't seem to turn off. It doesn't bother me too much, but it would be nice if I knew how to eliminate it.

I just got the thing a couple of days ago, so I'm still messing around with it.
If it's the delay, simply hit either the stompbox or rack effect button, and then edit the delay with the mid and high knobs (turn them all the way down if you don't want delay). And yes, the tuner is a pain. Luckily, my parents bought me a handheld korg tuner, so I use that.
'89 MIJ Fender Strat
Rivera S-120
Quote by theacousticpunk
If it's the delay, simply hit either the stompbox or rack effect button, and then edit the delay with the mid and high knobs (turn them all the way down if you don't want delay). And yes, the tuner is a pain. Luckily, my parents bought me a handheld korg tuner, so I use that.

Yea, I have a handheld Korg. It's fine, but the tuner on the amp would be nice for gigs. It's just weird because I read so many great things about the tuner on the amp, and I was quite disappointed when I tried it out myself. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one.

Anyways, thanks for all the help man.

I'll try out everything you said when I wake up and let you know if it works . . .
I think you misunderstood me in regards to the clean channel not being loud enough.

My clean channel doesn't sound loud in general. I turn the volume up about 75% and it doesn't sound like it's as loud as it should be for being up so high. I highly doubt that's how loud the clean should be.

I don't know if you get what I'm saying or if you know how to fix it.

Thanks for all the help.