http://8tracks.com/scourge441/scourge441-s-mix-of-death?scroll_to_twitter=true

Alrighty. I was thinking of maybe doing a prog list, being seeing as how Lucas just did one, I felt like it might be redundant. So I did a death metal list instead. There's still a bit of prog in it (more on that later), but there's plenty of brutality and evil to be had. As per usual, I tried to focus on bands that don't get much attention here.

Songs:

1. Infernal War - Spill the Dirty Blood of Jesus
Blackened death metal from Poland. Yeah, it bears some similarity to Behemoth, but the overall package is much different. And better. Infernal War tend to do things a bit thrashier and are much less polished than their Polish blackened death metal brethren.

2. Deathevokation - The Monument
Kinda melodic death metal that takes most of its cues from the oldschool Swedish scene. Kickass songwriting.

3. Denial - Abominable Undead
Mexican death metal in the oldschool Finnish style. The Finnish style, if you're not familiar with it, is pretty doomy in general; it's not death/doom per se, but rather it's slower death metal with lots of evil riffs. Denial take that style, but also do a bit of Demilich-esque atonal riffing (coincidentally, Demilich are also Finnish). The end result is Catacombs of the Grotesque, an extremely evil-sounding and simultaneously brutal album.

4. Convulse - World Without God
Speaking of Finnish DM, here's one of the bands that was doing it back when it first started. Like I mentioned above, there's plenty of evil riffing with more than a hint of doom mixed in. (FYI, this song is really quiet compared to the others, so you'll probably have to turn it up a bit.)

5. Mercykill - Beyond the Mirror
Not really sure how to place this. Reminds me most of the New York death metal scene. Anywho, the guitar solos on this song slay babies.

6. Yyrkoon - Censored Project
This band comes from France, and while they do have a bit of a following here, they're still painfully overlooked. Kinda thrashy, kinda groovy, kinda catchy, kickass riffs. That should tell you what you need to know. Damn you, Webbtje, for not whoring out this band more.

7. Hieronymus Bosch - Broke
This Russian progressive death band has its fans here, like Yyrkoon, but again, they're still unknown to most of the UG Metal Forum. And even with its fanbase here, I saw next to no mention of their 2008 album Equivoke, which is really really good. This song comes from that album.

8. Suffocation - Catatonia
Everyone knows this band. Not everyone knows this side of them, however. Pierced From Within and Effigy of the Forgotten are rightfully placed among death metal classics, and Souls to Deny gets its share of love as well. But lost in the mix is a five-song EP called Despise the Sun, which shows Suffocation dropping some of the more technical aspects of their sound in favor of a more straight-up brutal death approach. Suffice to say that it works extremely well, to the point where Despise the Sun is my favorite Suffocation release, despite it being so short.

JUL 17 duncang
JUL 24 CG Man16
JUL 31 The Kreator
AUG 7 jaaaaa
AUG 14 SeveredSurvival
AUG 21 eazy-c
AUG 28 LucasGtrGod
OCT 04 Webbtje
OCT 11 destroy_techno
OCT 18 Cianyx
Last edited by Scourge441 at Jul 10, 2009,
Ooh, Convulse. A lot of bands on this list I've never got around to checking out. Well, now it's the time.

Edit:
Denial's CotG is now definitely one of the best albums I've heard all year
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ
Last edited by Cianyx at Jul 10, 2009,
I do whore out Yyrkoon! Well, a bit. I'll give this a listen later, I'm a lil' busy atm.
Having now listened, all this is pretty cool, though I'm not at all keen on Mercykill. The Yyrkoon has made me go back and listen to Unhealthy Opera again.
Mercykill are new to me.....will check this out later!
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
Convulse are such a class band. Old school death done right, I will listen to this later.
I drink your milkshake.
Quote by Cianyx
Ooh, Convulse. A lot of bands on this list I've never got around to checking out. Well, now it's the time.

Edit:
Denial's CotG is now definitely one of the best albums I've heard all year

Yeah, I really must buy it on cd. Been kicking my ass last few weeks on their myspazz.
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
Hmmm...

I only know of Infernal War and Suffocation on this list. I will listen later if I have time.
Hmmm...

I only know of Infernal War and Suffocation on this list. I will listen later if I have time.
Hey I want a radio show.

EDIT: Nice list by the way great death metla.
I drink your milkshake.
Last edited by SeveredSurvival at Jul 11, 2009,
I had Yyrkoon on a list back when this thing started.. Great band, severely underrated

Despise The Sun is great, but to be a jerk, I'm gonna say that Catatonia is originally from Human Waste

Could my date be put earlier? I found out that I'm in New York at that date, and there's room before Webb
Nice list, i'll be doing something like this for mine.
Quote by severed-metal
Come to think of it, my penis should've listened to more death metal.

Quote by Morphogenesis26
So my question is. Can Pre-Cum fluid pass through my underwear, my jeans, onto and through her jeans, through her underwear, and impregnate her?