Page 1 of 2
ericman93
275 IQ
Wondering what everyone thinks of the New Rancid album "Let the Dominoes Fall". Personally, i think its a load of garbage, but Im curious to see if anyone enjoyed it.

BTW, does anyone know why brett reed even left? I know its been a while, but they never really publicly stated a reason why, and im still confused. Ive heard rumors that it had to do with Tim and Lars' drug and alcohol addcitions......
ripjoestrummer
545 IQ
I thoroughly enjoyed parts of it. I think it may be the first time that I really liked the song that they named the album after
ericman93
275 IQ
Yeah man, but i almost shed a tear when i first listened to the album, i was so dissapointed. See, I grew up with Rancid. It was one of the first bands i ever listened to. i Actually Bought ...And out come the wolves WHEN IT CAME OUT! (i was only 6 years old! haha, i got into music very very young.) So for such a dedicated fan, Indestructable was dissapointing, and LTDF is just a 45 minute long abortion....

BTW I was watching a few recent live 2009 videos and im starting to think tim's off the wagon again. He just looks like he dosent know where he is or what song is playing. Look up KROQ weenie roast on youtube, its actually hilarious how dazed and confused tim looks!
BR0KENHEARTED
Banned
1,074 IQ
Tim is sober.

He is also dating my friend now.

Go check out the other Rancid new CD thread there is a lot more bashing you'll enjoy there.
DempseyPunk
go fly some kites
1,175 IQ
didnt care for it. nuff said
>>-(ಠ_ಠ-<<
>>-(. Y .)-<<
>>> . (<<<
>>-( Y )-<<
Quote by dudetheman
Dude, your fucking sig creeps me out.

Quote by Kosh H
I just noticed his sig too...I feel uncomfortable now...

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Your sig killed my boner _

DIY SO-CAL PUNK LABEL
alkalineweeman
1,288 IQ
It is nowhere near as bad as people are saying it is, Rancid have never been a band to stay the same record through record so i cant undertand the bitching about it. "Rancid sold out!!" what did they sell out from, besides the fact Tim is an idiot rancid have always been a changing band. If you want some proper punk make it your f*cking self cos apparently nothing qualifies as "punk" anymore.
Originally Posted by Chromeproguitar
they make horrible noises in the middle of the night (is it sex?)

Quote by CliffIsAngry
I guess she's pretty hot if you're into that "having a good music video, but not better than Beyonce's" kind of thing...
DempseyPunk
go fly some kites
1,175 IQ
Quote by alkalineweeman
It is nowhere near as bad as people are saying it is, Rancid have never been a band to stay the same record through record so i cant undertand the bitching about it. "Rancid sold out!!" what did they sell out from, besides the fact Tim is an idiot rancid have always been a changing band. If you want some proper punk make it your f*cking self cos apparently nothing qualifies as "punk" anymore.

i dont bitch about em, i just dont like it. Not my style.

Operation Ivy is more "me".
>>-(ಠ_ಠ-<<
>>-(. Y .)-<<
>>> . (<<<
>>-( Y )-<<
Quote by dudetheman

Quote by Kosh H

Quote by WantsLesPaul

DIY SO-CAL PUNK LABEL
Slappydappy
168 IQ
It's beyond horrible, but ironically, not as bad as their previous efforts.

Out Come the Wolves. We will never forget you.
David_Bowie=GOD
2,524 IQ
I was thinking of buying it to check it out, but I think ill save myself the ten dollars.
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
punkguitarnick
34 IQ
it was disapointing. i think they're just doing what they want now and i'm liking them a little less.
JazzNick67
The Authorized's drummer
205 IQ
I think it's good, it just doesn't sound like old rancid
ericman93
275 IQ
i gotta agree the most with JazzNick67. Its not overly terrible, but its nowhere near as good as the old rancid. Its barley even about the sound of the new album. Its the fact that they've lost that punk attitude that all great punk bands shared. Look at the Sex pistols, or the early Ramones. Pur ****ing punk attitue. That was so raw and rebellious. The new album is more like "mellow story-telling".
David_Bowie=GOD
2,524 IQ
Quote by ericman93
i gotta agree the most with JazzNick67. Its not overly terrible, but its nowhere near as good as the old rancid. Its barley even about the sound of the new album. Its the fact that they've lost that punk attitude that all great punk bands shared. Look at the Sex pistols, or the early Ramones. Pur ****ing punk attitue. That was so raw and rebellious. The new album is more like "mellow story-telling".

you could have at least named a punk band from the 90s
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
DempseyPunk
go fly some kites
1,175 IQ
Quote by David_Bowie=GOD

haha
>>-(ಠ_ಠ-<<
>>-(. Y .)-<<
>>> . (<<<
>>-( Y )-<<
Quote by dudetheman

Quote by Kosh H

Quote by WantsLesPaul

DIY SO-CAL PUNK LABEL
ericman93
275 IQ
Quote by David_Bowie=GOD

You completely missed the entire point. It's bands like Rancid, NOFX, Decendents, etc. that carried on that torch that the earliest punk bands started.
David_Bowie=GOD
2,524 IQ
Quote by ericman93
You completely missed the entire point. It's bands like Rancid, NOFX, Decendents, etc. that carried on that torch that the earliest punk bands started.

I didn't miss the point, im just saying there are still punk bands from the same time who kick ass.
Quote by Bloodavian

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
ericman93
275 IQ
Quote by David_Bowie=GOD
I didn't miss the point, im just saying there are still punk bands from the same time who kick ass.

Oh, aand i totally agree with you dude. But what im saying is that Rancid seems to be losing that vision. I love every rancid album up to indestructable. And i know Indestructable gets alot of flak, but its still a very genuine album and i can totally get into it, despite being musically disapointing. But LTDF just seems so mass-produced and mainstream in a way. Like they made a new album just to please thier fans
werty22
Banned
1,095 IQ
He knows what you're saying. It just would have made more sense to compare them to their contemporaries instead of comparing them to bands that came 15 years before them.

They obviously didn't make the new album to please their fans, since none of their fans are pleased.
David_Bowie=GOD
2,524 IQ
Quote by werty22
He knows what you're saying. It just would have made more sense to compare them to their contemporaries instead of comparing them to bands that came 15 years before them.

They obviously didn't make the new album to please their fans, since none of their fans are pleased.

This

and the only Rancid album I ever enjoyed was ..And Out Come the Wolves
Quote by Bloodavian

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
ericman93
275 IQ
Quote by werty22

hahahaha, cant disagree man. XD
David_Bowie=GOD
2,524 IQ
Ericman, why do you post a potleaf with all of your posts?
Quote by Bloodavian

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
ericman93
275 IQ
Quote by David_Bowie=GOD
Ericman, why do you post a potleaf with all of your posts?

Why Not?
David_Bowie=GOD
2,524 IQ
Quote by ericman93
Why Not?

good point
Quote by Bloodavian

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
ericman93
275 IQ
Quote by David_Bowie=GOD
good point

aha...The great philosophical question.....
ericman93
275 IQ
Quote by werty22
Because it's stupid.

Your Stupid. Hopefullly you get cancer!
David_Bowie=GOD
2,524 IQ
Quote by ericman93
Your Stupid. Hopefullly you get cancer!

For thinking that was funny your stupid.
Quote by Bloodavian

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
ericman93
275 IQ
Quote by David_Bowie=GOD
For thinking that was funny your stupid.

How So? Last time i checked Cancer was %74 funnier than AIDS and %34 funnier than Alziemers.
werty22
Banned
1,095 IQ
It's weird when people at their own posts, especially when they're not funny.

Quote by ericman93
How So? Last time i checked Cancer was %74 funnier than AIDS and %34 funnier than Alziemers.

HAHAHA :HAHA
:HAHA :HAHA
:HAHA :HAHA :HAHA
:HAHA :HAHA :HAHA

OMG YOUR SO FUNNY IM ROLLING ON THE FLOOR IM IN STITCHES AIDS AND CANCER HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA
Last edited by werty22 at Jul 12, 2009,
David_Bowie=GOD
2,524 IQ
Quote by ericman93

Omg you mentioned three diseases in one sentence. Thats so funny, your like Dane Cook or something.
Quote by Bloodavian

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
Last edited by David_Bowie=GOD at Jul 12, 2009,
werty22
Banned
1,095 IQ
Quote by David_Bowie=GOD
Omg you mentioned three diseases in one sentence. Thats so funny, your like Dane Cook or something.

ericman93
275 IQ
Quote by David_Bowie=GOD

But its subject to certain condidtions. Although AIDS Cancer and Alziemers are all undoubtedly really funny, its always better when it happens to a Loved one!
David_Bowie=GOD
2,524 IQ
Quote by ericman93
But its subject to certain condidtions. Although AIDS Cancer and Alziemers are all undoubtedly really funny, its always better when it happens to a Loved one!

Dude. Just stop. Your just making an ass of yourself.
Quote by Bloodavian

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
ericman93
275 IQ
Quote by David_Bowie=GOD
Dude. Just stop. Your just making an ass of yourself.

How the hell am I making an Ass out of my self? Are you implaying that Cancer is not fun for the Whole Family?
lolmnt
Earth of the Butt
4,159 IQ
I'm implaying that Cancer isn't funny.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
ericman93
275 IQ
Quote by element4433
I'm implaying that Cancer isn't funny.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

.....you said cancer........
lolmnt
Earth of the Butt
4,159 IQ
Quote by werty22
I think this conversation has proven Matthew's point.
If we're assholes to this kid that will be what he wants, as he seems to be a-trollin'. I think ignoring is the way to go.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
ericman93
275 IQ
Quote by element4433
If we're assholes to this kid that will be what he wants, as he seems to be a-trollin'. I think ignoring is the way to go.

Oh good luck with that Sugar Tits