My band just got done recording our new album, and it turned out great so we want to promote the **** out of it, obviously.

Our engineer said we should really send it out to college radio stations, and I found an arts magazine in my area that we could promote on.

We have the master copies tomorrow, and it will be registered as officially copyrighted tomorrow, and there are 1-2 songs that would be great on the radio, and I think our style would be great in a magazine interview.

So, how would I go about asking to get played/in the magazine? We are 16 and 17 years old, which I think people would find interesting after hearing the 2 "radio-friendly" songs.
Are you playing gigs?

Set one up to introduce your new CD. Send out press releases about the event. Find out who writes articles for the mag, and email them. Same for the radio. Listen to the station, and determine which DJ is most likely to play your genre, and try to make contact. If you can hand deliver the CD to the person.

They may or may not respond. Even at that level, they get hit up by all kinds of people wanting their help. Be persistent, but don't become like a stalker either. Any time you contact anyone in the media at any level, behave professionally.
Quote by chokmool
Are you playing gigs?

Set one up to introduce your new CD. Send out press releases about the event. Find out who writes articles for the mag, and email them. Same for the radio. Listen to the station, and determine which DJ is most likely to play your genre, and try to make contact. If you can hand deliver the CD to the person.

They may or may not respond. Even at that level, they get hit up by all kinds of people wanting their help. Be persistent, but don't become like a stalker either. Any time you contact anyone in the media at any level, behave professionally.

Yes, we have only played 3 or 4 shows so far this summer so we could spend more time writing our record. But in the 8 months we have been a band, we have recorded 2 records and played about 17 shows around our state. We are working on a co-CD release with another band from our town.