I am looking for a flying v or any of its variants. From looking around a bit i have come to fancy 2 guitars. the Jackson RR3 Rhoads and the Dean Razorback v 255. (i have seen a few 255's in or near my price range)

I enjoy playing metal. like metallica, ozzy, iron maiden. taylor swift--> just kidding.

I have a mesa Dual rect running thru a 4x12 cab. no pedals.

Preferences:
floyd rose
in the price range of 500-800 US$ i soppose a little over wouldnt be horrible

im open to any options here. thanks
id go for the jackson rr3 rhoads i have a js30 and my mate has the Jackson RR3 Rhoads and its amazing to play
Well forget the deans since they're plastering Dimebags name all over the place. so its overpriced basically. I would like the Jackson RR3 too but i kinda like 24 frets more xP. All I could think of now are LTDs or Edwards. Edwards are like $1200 but they say the quality is VERY close to a ESP which are like $2000+ I would definitely throw in more money for something like an Edwards.
^ +1
Try ESP V-401
Guitar : Cort X-TH ( EMG 81-85 )
Amp : Marshall TSL-602
Effects : Boss MT-2, Boss NS-2
I just noticed that 401 comes with Grovers and the 401DX comes with ESP tuners. Wtf is up with that?

I have the V-500 (its the same as the V401 they changed the name) and it plays great. Stays in tune, good feel. My only complaints are Dual 81's (id like a different pup in the neck) and finished neck. Other than that its great and 24 frets too.
so i have heard lots of crap thar esp sucks from my uninformed friends.
I guess the razorback v is ruled out?
Would the ESP V-401 be better than jackson rr3 rhoads?
jackson has 22 frets esp has 24
is there any major diference between the floyds?
the rhoads has a SD and some jazz pickup. the esp has 2 active 81's
anything i should be concerned about buying either one of these guitars?
to get them id sell my old epiphone g400 and my classic army airsoft gun. XD
Quote by CrimsonXD
(1)I guess the razorback v is ruled out?
(2)Would the ESP V-401 be better than jackson rr3 rhoads?
(3)jackson has 22 frets esp has 24
(4)is there any major diference between the floyds?
(5)the rhoads has a SD and some jazz pickup. the esp has 2 active 81's

1. I wouldnt buy it.
2. I would pick the RR3 in a second.
3. To me, the difference between 22 and 24 frets doesnt matter, I rarely go above the 18th fret anyway.
4. I dont know what kind of Floyd is on the ESP, but the Jackson Licensed OFR is great.
5. The SD's are 100x better than the EMG's

In conclusion, the RR3 looks better and sounds better than the ESP. ESPECIALLY THROUGH A SS AMP. Hope this helps.
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

^^TS has a tube amp.
I NEED TO CHANGE MY USERNAME

• Agile AL-3XXX Custom Tobacco Sunburst w/ EMG 57/66
  • ESP LTD EC-1000T CTM Black w/ Seymour Duncan Blackouts
  • Jet City JCA100HDM w/ Avatar Contemporary 2x12 Cab
  • Seymour Duncan 805 Overdrive
  • Dunlop OG Crybaby Wah
  • MXR Smartgate
Quote by VanTheKraut
1. I wouldnt buy it.
2. I would pick the RR3 in a second.
3. To me, the difference between 22 and 24 frets doesnt matter, I rarely go above the 18th fret anyway.
4. I dont know what kind of Floyd is on the ESP, but the Jackson Licensed OFR is great.
5. The SD's are 100x better than the EMG's

In conclusion, the RR3 looks better and sounds better than the ESP. ESPECIALLY THROUGH A SS AMP. Hope this helps.

i got a mesa dual rect btw. but thanks for the insight.
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Jackson-RR5-Rhoads-Electric-Guitar?sku=520329

the RR5 does not have a FR, but if you can live without it, please do.

The RR5 is the most comfortable guitar I have ever played with the best neck of any guitar i have ever felt or played.

It sounds flawless through a triple rec, so I'm sure it will sound just as good through a double rec.

It's $1,099 new, but I found it in my music store for $839 new.

I say look around. If you can live without the FR, then PLEASE try the RR5.

If I did not care about the body shape of the guitar I played, I would own a RR5, but i find V's ugly. :|
Quote by Crydius
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Jackson-RR5-Rhoads-Electric-Guitar?sku=520329

the RR5 does not have a FR, but if you can live without it, please do.

The RR5 is the most comfortable guitar I have ever played with the best neck of any guitar i have ever felt or played.

It sounds flawless through a triple rec, so I'm sure it will sound just as good through a double rec.

It's $1,099 new, but I found it in my music store for $839 new.

I say look around. If you can live without the FR, then PLEASE try the RR5.

If I did not care about the body shape of the guitar I played, I would own a RR5, but i find V's ugly. :|

The only reason i would like a fr is because i dont really like the look of whale tails and with the floyd, it may stay in tune better. i have a fender american standard strat that falls out so easily. i know its because of the tremolo. (which im gonna pull an eric clapton on, as in jam a piece of wood in the back so it doesnt move at all) but i would like something that stays in tune amazingly. During shows, i dont like to change guitars, and if i was doing primarly heavy stuff, id have to stick with one guitar cause my strat cant deliver for metal.
Then the FR isn't needed on the RR5.

It's through body, and made extremely well. I played it for a good 2 1/2 hours at our local music store and it didn't slip out at all, and I play death metal and deathcore.

Well, did at the time.
oh alright thanks man. i think i will go to guitarcenter or some place and test it out. how much u think i could get it knocked down. ive bought a mesa and 2 guitars from there so they should probably knock some off. i could probably get iot down to 850 right? if i bought some other stuff also.
Probably.

I don't see why not. It would be last years right now that you would get [the models that I played at two different guitar shops]. It should be able to go down to about $850 - $800.
i played an rr5 and just hate hate hated it

iv played a few razorbacks and loved the feels of the neck, the pick ups are above average but not amazing and if you like it then dont worry about what everyone in here says. there just all copying what each other say about them.
Quote by jkielq91
i played an rr5 and just hate hate hated it

iv played a few razorbacks and loved the feels of the neck, the pick ups are above average but not amazing and if you like it then dont worry about what everyone in here says. there just all copying what each other say about them.

lol. ill just go try stuff out
Quote by CrimsonXD
1)I guess the razorback v is ruled out?
2)Would the ESP V-401 be better than jackson rr3 rhoads?
3)jackson has 22 frets esp has 24
4)is there any major diference between the floyds?
5)the rhoads has a SD and some jazz pickup. the esp has 2 active 81's

1)the razorback is not as bad as people make it out to be it is pretty good, just because on ug everyone is on the i hate spider, razorback, etc band wagon don't make those items bad.
2)the jackson is overpriced the rr3 went from 700 to 1100 in under a year, the esp is better for the money then the jackson
3)24 frets are better in my opinion then 22 as it is easier to reach the higher frets.
4)the esp and jackson comes with LFR the dean comes with a OFR +1 for the dean
5)emg 81/85 or 81/81 sounds better then a sd/jazz if you plan to play metal.

the rr3 is also off balanced the neck weights more then the body and the neck tends to tilt down making it damn hard to play. i recommend the b.c. rich jr. v deluxe as it has a OFR, emg 81/85, 24 frets and a much more comfortable neck then the jackson or dean
Last edited by ticklemeasian at Jul 10, 2009,
Yeah I want to v-401 or maby even the new jackson kv5fr but I can't find any prices on that guitar.
Gibson Thunderhorse
Jackson RR24M
B52 AT100