Poll: Are you scawed of the wittle dentist?
Poll Options
View poll results: Are you scawed of the wittle dentist?
Yes - Terrified!
14 14%
Yes - A little
20 19%
No - There's no need to be afraid
29 28%
No - It's boring as hell
40 39%
Voters: 103.
I had to go the dentist yesterday. They spent an entire hour drilling and doing god knows what to my teeth, twice letting out a "whoops". Thanks, dickheads. My teeth felt fine other than a few chips from being assaulted, now one of them stings like a mother ****er, and my gums have been cut.

But I was wondering - how many of you folk fear the dentist? Personally, after an hour of hearing chizzling and grinding, I find it fearful for the fact it's boring as hell and time consuming. I'd rather be jacking off while they did it, but they wouldn't let me.

Add in any terror stories you may have as well.

Edit: Oh yeah, for terror stories - Once I had an absess in my gum and had to get the tooth removed when I was 8. The anaesthetic didn't work. It hurt like hell, but taught me there was nothing more to fear because I probably wouldn't experience a pain like that again :P
Matter is void. All is vanity. All is nothing. Nothing exists.

But damn does whisky rule
Last edited by Talonwolf at Jul 10, 2009,
The dentist's never had to do anything extensive on my teeth, so I'm about as scared of the dentist as I am of crossing the road.
jane... the claw.

seek out the chalky dust of the love salmon.

the pheasant has no agenda.

all i can think about when at the dentists.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
i got a root canal on the wrong tooth.

twice.

if any of you know what a root canal is... having it done on a tooth that doesnt need one is ****ing torture.

never going to a dentist again
BASSLINES TO MAKE YOUR CHEST CAVITY SHUDDER.
Quote by Demon Wolf
jane... the claw.

Damn, I should have thought of that while I was there...

Bill Bailey rules ^^
Matter is void. All is vanity. All is nothing. Nothing exists.

But damn does whisky rule
The dentist is just annoying. I've never had to worry about any serious dental issues though, so I might have it easy.
I'm terrified , I had to go to get 2 filings and they gave me this thing to make my mouth all numbetc. During the filling process they were like oh I think I'll just add another right there. I'm like OK..

It was madness , I couldn't even breathe. They had this like vaccuum pipe in my mouth to hold my tongue , all the like spit in my mouth was building up and I couldn't do anything pretty much choking. Then the drills bega. They had 2 types of drills I think or 3 , I couldnt really see. Seriously that was the longest time I've felt in that chair , time slowed down a lot.

They said the numbing would last 2 hours max , ended up like 5 hours or something.

My dentist actually was pretty cute :3 so I didnt really mind that much , she was pretty cool. There were some mean bald dentists there , thank god I didnt get have them doing my fillings.
Quote by Dayman
It's your duty, son. You some kinda commie, not servin' yer country?
I'm telling FOX News.

Quote by Twist of fate
Haters Ghana Hate
Terrified!

Not at the procedure, but at the cost!

When I was 19, I had a ****ing cowboy dentist ruin my teeth.

I was quoted £5000 to repair the damage.

"A man chooses. A slave obeys."
Before he had to stick this drill in my mouth. I couldn't help but laugh 'cause it tickled.

EDIT: And talking to strangers with your mouth all numb is even funnier

:what I think of whenever I heard the word dentist
キタ━━━━(・∀・)━━━━!!
Quote by Ichikurosaki
shred knows more about everything than anyone i think

Quote by IchiKurosaki
i hope we never meet shjred honestly i love you but im scared of you
I've never feared the Dentist, and hopefully never will.
DeVillains!
terrified my dentist is awful

he didnt numb my mouth enough when i had 4 adult teeth out i felt it all

so ****ing painful
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
last time i went to the dentist, my gums were bleeding pretty bad, and i have to go on the 14th aswell .

oh, and my dentists name is "anil rammen", say it a few times.

EDIT: oh yeah, i hate sitting there for 30 odd minutes with your mouth wide open then your mouth gets really dry and you can taste their rubber gloves. and being still.
do you love...ARSIS
Quote by GooGooFluffers
i believe you may be our saviour
all hail lordllama!
Last edited by lordllama at Jul 10, 2009,
Quote by sykryk
Terrified!

Not at the procedure, but at the cost!

When I was 19, I had a ****ing cowboy dentist ruin my teeth.

I was quoted £5000 to repair the damage.

**** that!

I get fillings done every now n than, the fact that i have a vacuum in my mouth and a drill hacking at my teeth, and those things *see attached pic*

When their drilling you can't move your tongue n you got all your teeth filings under your mouth is gross. Its hard to relax all your body and your tongue at the same time. I hate the dentist
Attachments:
ist2_668190-dentist-tools-1.jpg
i get pretty nervous haha. i was there yesterday aswell, had to have stitches man!!! in the mouth!!!! not nice:/
Quote by Demon Wolf
jane... the claw.

The only thing I hate about the dentist is getting the numbing injection in my gum. It's intensely painful
Quote by Baby Strange

The only thing I hate about the dentist is getting the numbing injection in my gum. It's intensely painful

i didn't mind the numbing stuff. They had to give me a 2nd shot of it cos it wasnt enuff the first time cos one of the sides of my mouth was ok while the other went numb
Quote by Dayman
I'm telling FOX News.

Quote by Twist of fate
Haters Ghana Hate
The Numbing stuff NEVER works on me! Most of the time they give me four/five needle worth of the stuff and when they touch my tooth I still shoot through the roof.

Edit: I just remembered i had to go to work with my mum after that (2 hours after the initial needles) That's when most of the numbing came into place, it was very fun trying to sell something with half of my face numb. I think the poor customer bought something just to get away from me...
Last edited by Lil_Ms_Sunshine at Jul 10, 2009,
^^ hehe

The numbing experience for me was ridiculous. Was drooling everywhere , couldnt eat properly or talk, I had filling on both sides so I could chew properly either costhe teeth that my filings were felt higher and was a bit painful.

So I pretty much starved after that dentist experience.
Quote by Dayman
I'm telling FOX News.

Quote by Twist of fate
Haters Ghana Hate
Last time i was to the dentist was about 6 years ago, i was 10.i went 3 or 4 days in a row to the dentist and i wasn't afraid.
the braces bitches are all young girls 2 years out of college, who while fixing my braces talk about what sandwhiches they're going to get for lunch, they're husbands, and they're 2 year old kids, and subssequently break two of my brackets.

luckily i have not had braces for two years now. tis great.
Quote by ultimatedaver
We're just trying to help man, cause it doesn't seem like you can get any pizza.
I had root canal last year. I had so much anasthetic that for some reason half my mouth was partially paralysed for like a month. Seriously-when i spoke only the left side of my mouth moved. I looked like a retard when I spoke.
Going to the dentist is almost as scawy as a prison shower.
Originally Posted by Dawginator
Lord Cheswick, you are a comic genius!

Originally Posted by blommen
the move of a true gentleman sir Jacek. short, civilised, and intellectual. hats off to you good sir
Quote by Maiden_Beast
i didn't mind the numbing stuff. They had to give me a 2nd shot of it cos it wasnt enuff the first time cos one of the sides of my mouth was ok while the other went numb

The actual numbing stuff is fine and I can cope with the dribbling afterwards when I try and drink. It's just the pain of needle-gum that I dislike.
I had 4 teeth pulled out one after the other.

HERES THE KICKER. He numbed my mouth but didnt do anything for about 10 mins, thus wearing out the numbing stuff...so i wasnt numbed that much at all. Pain.

Plus the fact the injection at the top of your mouth stings like a mofo
Quote by Venice King
Snatch is such a crude term - Use a better one like axe-wound or cave-opening.

Gear:
Ibanez ART300
Roland Cube 20X

I make trip-hop
https://soundcloud.com/chris-thomas-214
^ Check it out
i ****ing hate the dentist...****ing HATE the dentist...
literrally sit there the whole time putting finger holes in the arms of the chair, impossible to relax and the smell is even worse. Smoking enamel from that high-speed drill!?

*starts rocking back and forth
Quote by Demon Wolf
jane... the claw.

, first thing I thought of when I opened the thread.
-