O HAI GAIZ
As I said, Ruins are a black metal band from Tasmania.
Here's their myspace:

http://www.myspace.com/ruinsblackmetal

Really good stuff imo.

Discuss, puppies.
Uncle Vernon, Uncle Vernon,
independent as a hog on ice,
He's a big shot down there at the slaughterhouse,
Plays accordion for Mr. Weiss
I've got to say, this sounds brilliant so far. It reminds me a fair bit of The Somberlain by Dissection. It's really captured that dark and quite epic atmosphere too. Great production as well.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Quote by jonnowev
Saw a review of their latest album in Metal Hammer a couple of months back, been meaning to check 'em out.

yeah, I also read that review in Subterranea. Apperently their drummer plays in 2 other black metal bands in the area as well.
Quote by vanshaya
yeah, I also read that review in Subterranea. Apperently their drummer plays in 2 other black metal bands in the area as well.

Wow, there are three Black Metal bands on Tazmania?!?!
Quote by jonnowev
Wow, there are three Black Metal bands on Tazmania?!?!

the other two are called Psycroptic and The Amenta.
I quite like what I hear. Reminds me of Aeternus a bit.

Also, Striborg is another black metal band from Tasmania jonnowev
there are a ****load of bm bands from tasmania...my mate has a compilation called "vendemonium" (i think) which is available from asgard records...asgard has a lot of tassie stuff if i recall correctly.

prior to finding that out i thought it was bizarre that one of my mates bands went on tour in tasmania instead of just touring the east coat.
anyways, i'll check this stuff out in a minute.

good stuff. just realised i had a chance to see them a few weeks ago too, man i'm pissed
Quote by B4Dkarma
When you look at a guy and immediately go, "wow, what a douchebag"

that is what girls find attractive.
Last edited by pistols at Jul 10, 2009,
Quote by pistols
there are a ****load of bm bands from tasmania...my mate has a compilation called "vendemonium" (i think) which is available from asgard records...asgard has a lot of tassie stuff if i recall correctly.

prior to finding that out i thought it was bizarre that one of my mates bands went on tour in tasmania instead of just touring the east coat.
anyways, i'll check this stuff out in a minute.

I should look for it.Also, I must confess, I didn't even know that Tasmania was a country until I read about this band. I thought it was just a part of Australia which is home to the Tasmanian Devil. I heard these guys supported Immortal in their last tour.
Last edited by vanshaya at Jul 10, 2009,
Quote by vanshaya
I should look for it.Also, I must confess, I didn't even know that Tasmania was a country until I read about this band. I thought it was just a part of Australia which is home to the Tasmanian Devil. I heard these guys supported Immortal in their last tour.

It's a state of Australia, and also happens to be isolated from the mainland, so you were right beforehand
Quote by jonnowev
LOL, Psycroptic are Technical Death Metal. Big difference there.

lol sorry, I got those from the review in Metal Hammer.
Yeh. Psycroptic are Death Metal, he was also in some Industrial death metal band called The Amenta. Some Death/Thrash band called Nervecell, also a session drummer for Aborted in 2006. Anyways, this is some great stuff.
I drink your milkshake.
Quote by vanshaya
lol sorry, I got those from the review in Metal Hammer.

And The Amenta are not black metal either...
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.