I posted this a while ago but got no replies so I waited til it dropped off the page and re-posted, if I should've just bumped old thread sorry just really would like some input

--------------------------------------------------

So I am in the market for my first Valve Amplifier. I have been researching the past few weeks and tried out various brands. I initially had my heart set on a Peavey Valve King 100 Head for $1150 AUD (actually good price over here!)

I am thinking of getting a Bugera as well since they are great bang for your buck and seem to have most of the reliability issues sorted. Then today I was in a little out of the way music store near the city and I found a Marshall JCM-2000 TSL 60 Head for $1495 used and a Marshall JCM-2000 TSL 100 Head for $1800 used. I tried the 60 and it sounded great but kind of lacked that raw power Gain i'm after. Maybe a TS-9 would fix this? Also looking at a Genz Benz El Diablo 100W head for $1800 from memory?

My question is what do you think would be the best value? The Bugera would be a bit of a throw around amp really, the peavey is great from what i've heard and well the Marshall's will probably give me more in the long run I suppose being the best quality (so I would believe anyway correct me if i'm wrong).

I play a mix of heavy punk rock (A Wilhelm Scream, Rise Against), Metalcore and experimental Nu metal kind of stuff. Sounds i'm after would range between a7x, Underoath, Bullet For My Valentine, Escape The Fate etc.

looking to spend no more than about $2000 AUD on the head, and will be pairing with an Orange 4x12 cab with v30's

any input is appreciated as I am a total noob to valves

I will be playing gigs with this amp small to medium sized venues, halls, theatres etc
Last edited by AxSilentxLine at Jul 10, 2009,
i would get the tsl 60 with a ts-9 but thats just me.

how about a 5150? i think that would be an even better choice imo
Geets:
Ibanez GSA60
Epiphone SG/LP custom
Schecter Damien elite 7
Fender Highway one Telecaster

Pedals:
Visual sound Jekyll and Hyde

Amp:
Peavey 6505
Marshall M412a cab
Peavey Classic 50

GO STEELERS!
Yeah i've looked into the 5150 haven't played it yet though I might try one tomorrow thanks for the reply

ps. I found a second hand TSL100 for $1500 seems like a good deal and with the 100 being switchable to 20W it's maybe more versatile than the 60?
Quote by AxSilentxLine
Yeah i've looked into the 5150 haven't played it yet though I might try one tomorrow thanks for the reply

ps. I found a second hand TSL100 for $1500 seems like a good deal and with the 100 being switchable to 20W it's maybe more versatile than the 60?

have you been able to try/find any ENGL? they might be worth a shot to look at.
Genz Benz El Diablo FTW, love mine, it'll do just about everything and anything you want, plus it's switchable from 100w to 50w instantly which is freakn sweet.
Jackson DK2M
Washburn WD-18SW
Ibanez RGR421EXFM
Genz Benz El Diablo 100w -> Framus Dragon 412
Boss GE-7
Ibanez TS-9
Last edited by James13v at Jul 10, 2009,
please dont get the bugera. if you can find a DSL, those are nicer than the TSL, also check out a 5150 like what was said. or i dunno how much jcm 800s cost over there
Quote by shakin'cakes
First of all, I enjoy deathcore for it's complexity and it's the only genre heavy enough for me

Quote by Highway60Bob
I want an amp good for playing hippie tunes. I want it to be an actual amp, not a tube amp.
^ It's hard to find 5150's used here atm which is unfortunately all I can afford for the moment umm I checked out the DSL but I really would like 3 channels
why would you need 3 channels? learn how to use the volume knob on your guitar.
Quote by shakin'cakes
First of all, I enjoy deathcore for it's complexity and it's the only genre heavy enough for me

Quote by Highway60Bob
I want an amp good for playing hippie tunes. I want it to be an actual amp, not a tube amp.
or you could just boost the crunchy channel to get high gain and roll off the volume to get cleans. there you have it all in one channel.
Quote by shakin'cakes

Quote by Highway60Bob
Quote by AxSilentxLine
I posted this a while ago but got no replies so I waited til it dropped off the page and re-posted, if I should've just bumped old thread sorry just really would like some input

I should report you for creating the exact same thread in GGnA is such a short period of time but I'm in too good of a mood. I already responded in your other thread which was - Genz Benz.

PM - Shadow666, he's pretty up on the market down there.

PS - Read the Rules. They specifically talk about not creating multiple similar threads and that you can bump your own thread every 24 hours (at least 4-6 hours man)

Edit: The last DSL I played the Ultra Channel didn't even work. Some here love the amp.
Last edited by 311ZOSOVHJH at Jul 10, 2009,