Hey UG,

To cut a long story short,
I wanted the Ibanez TBX150, because I'm a metal player and I currently own the little TBX15 and I also quite like the tone it provides me with. But I need more power.

I decided I would go to Shire Music, and check out a few other amps, and one of the staff workers decided to show me the VOX VT50. He told me it's a great metal amp, and he played around on it showing me what it was like, but I'm still not completely sure if it would suit my metalhead needs. So is it really "all that" for metal?

I mainly play music from: Killswitch Engage, Parkway Drive, Metallica, Pantera, Avenged Sevenfold, Atreyu and Bullet For My Valentine.

If you guys think that there's a better amp for the same price $750~ AU, then show me an amp on their site which would be better suited to my needs.

Shire Music.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: I don't mind if it's SS or Valve, and I can expand the budget to about $800 or so.
Last edited by Mopy at Jul 10, 2009,
The TBX is a bad amp, so don't bother with it. The Vox is a great choice but if you play metal, people will recommend that you get a Peavey Vypyr. It's not on that site, but there are Aussie dealers who will ship it to you. Why only Shire Music?

To be honest, having looked through the site, you should look into getting one of the Bugera 333's as they are just whart you're looking for and worth the extra cash.

The prices on that site are pretty disgusting by the way, even for Australia.
Quote by greggybhoy
The TBX is a bad amp, so don't bother with it. The Vox is a great choice but if you play metal, people will recommend that you get a Peavey Vypyr. It's not on that site, but there are Aussie dealers who will ship it to you. Why only Shire Music?

To be honest, having looked through the site, you should look into getting one of the Bugera 333's as they are just whart you're looking for and worth the extra cash.

The prices on that site are pretty disgusting by the way, even for Australia.

The main reason why I've chosen Shire music is because they're the closest available shop near me, and that's about a 35 minute drive.

But what's the price of the Bugera 333?

EDIT: Just got off my lazy ass and checked myself. I'll go try one out next time I'm there.
Last edited by Mopy at Jul 10, 2009,