Will there be one that just hits me as "my" guitar? I'm not too good with buying guitars, and I've never really tried out a bunch of them. Will there just be one with a neck that I know will automatically fit me?
Breaking stereotypes by playing indie on a metal guitar.

Current Gear
- Epiphone Les Paul Standard (Plus Top)
- Crappy Strat Copy (Redecorated, looks snazzy)
- Ibanez Acoustic/Electric Guitar
- Ibanez RG1570 Mirage Blue
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Watt
Quote by Guitar2theface
Will there be one that just hits me as "my" guitar? I'm not too good with buying guitars, and I've never really tried out a bunch of them. Will there just be one with a neck that I know will automatically fit me?

seems to me you'll need to try a bunch of guitars out to find out now won't you? there may not be any one guitar that fits you perfectly, but that's what custom shops are for. try out a bunch of guitars and find out what features you like in guitars even if they're scattered among several guitars. then when you feel you're ready you can get yourself a custom with all those features assuming you can't find a production guitar that fits your particular criteria...
"... and on either side of the river was the tree of life, with its twelve kinds of fruit, yielding its fruit each month. The leaves of this tree were for the healing of nations.
Thats what happened with me, I wasn't even really looking for one. I just picked up a tele randomly and it felt great. Plugged it in and I was convinced.
Would it happen even if I've never used thin necks before? Like I'm looking for a guitar with a thin neck but I"ve never used them before and I'm wondering if I'd be able to tell which ones right for me.

Current Gear
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Watt
Quote by Guitar2theface
Would it happen even if I've never used thin necks before? Like I'm looking for a guitar with a thin neck but I"ve never used them before and I'm wondering if I'd be able to tell which ones right for me.

i'm not really getting what the question is here... how did you find out anything else in life was "for you"? you tried it and liked it, no? well... i don't see why a guitar is any different. i have about 7 guitars. all of them are the same brand but all of the necks are *slightly* different. some necks i prefer for different things. my RG7321 seems to have the thinnest neck and i like it best for fast alternate picking runs. my RG7421's neck seems ever so slightly thicker than the neck on the RG7321. for me this one is more comfortable for legato runs and sweeping. I have an RGT42DX. the neck on that bad boy seems a tiny bit thicker than the RG7421's neck (keep in mind that all of these necks are relatively thin as that's Ibanez's M.O.) and well that's my only 6 string and i find that one to be comfortable for just about everything actually.

to answer your question, though... you're going to have to just try a bunch of guitars and see what you like...

put it this way... when you were a virgin you had no idea what you liked sexually but as you continued to do it you learned what you did and didn't like and figured out what things you might be interested in trying...

same principle...
"... and on either side of the river was the tree of life, with its twelve kinds of fruit, yielding its fruit each month. The leaves of this tree were for the healing of nations.
Well I"ve been playing a Les Paul and an acoustic for my whole career as a guitarist, and I'm figuring that if a thin neck is right for me, I might not know it because I've been too used to wide necks.

Current Gear
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Watt
The best thing you could do would be to play every guitar you can. Then you will form opinions on all of them and can pick the one you like the best and avoid others.

You will know if you like something or not after playing it.
well what kind of music do you play? that might have a lot to do with what kind of neck fits you. certain styles seem to have a certain hand posture (i guess that's the best way for me to describe it) associated with them which may be more easily achieved on certain necks. or at least that's how it works for me.
Quote by Guitar2theface
Well I"ve been playing a Les Paul and an acoustic for my whole career as a guitarist, and I'm figuring that if a thin neck is right for me, I might not know it because I've been too used to wide necks.

If you want thin necks, give some Ibanez's a try.

If you're not comfortable with it, go for companies with wider necks, Gibson, Schecter, etc...

Just try stuff out. It's all opinion, and what we're going to recommend or say may not appeal to you much, even if you don't know what we're talking about (considering you might try said guitar out eventually).
FIGHT MY BRUTE!
Quote by Tackleberry
Only time Ive seen a true single coil in a chrome humbucker housing was chinese knock off where they claimed it was a humbucker but half the housing was empty.
maybe, but if you do, it will cost approximately $2,000
02 MiM Telecaster-----\__Digitech Whammy__TS-10__535q__DE-7__6505+ 112
91 Heartfield Talon II-/
If I like a strat, and put a floyd rose on it, how much would it cost?

Current Gear
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Watt
Um, depends what strat.
Schecter C-1 Classic Raven RG20 + Digitech RP50

Man, I could go for a 7 right now...
Step 1: Get off UG
Step 2: Try out a bunch of different guitars
Step 3: If you find one you love, maybe you'll end up buying it.
Step 4: Report back here so we know what you found out.

Even if you try 50 thin-necked guitars, and you find you don't like them, then you now know that thin neck guitars aren't for you.

tl;dr get off your ass and find out yourself
I'm in Korea, and I'm going back to America in a week, which is the reason I'm not essentially living at my local guitar center atm.

Current Gear
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Watt
Quote by Guitar2theface
If I like a strat, and put a floyd rose on it, how much would it cost?

depends but something around $150usd for labour to install wouldn't be too far away i guess. alternatively find a strat with a floyd rose already installed (if i remember right fender japan produce a model or two like this)
Just go and play guitars in your price range. You will then work out quite quickly which ones you like and then be able to make your choice.