School me on this people. I'm pretty ignorant about OHM's. I read that with a tube head you should try to match the ohm to the cab or something.. is that right.
I just bought a Traynor YBA-1 head 45 Watts Sine Wave @ 8 Ohms and I'm interested in buying this cab (Avatar G212H Premier Guitar cab loaded with 2 25W Celestion Greenbacks, wired for 8 ohm.)

Will this work? I'm sure this subject has been discussed to death on this forum but I've read up and still don't get it. So if you can help me with this specific situation that would be really appreciated.

Thanks
Yup, you're all set. The two speakers wattage combined must be greater or equal to the wattage of the head, and the ohms must be the same. That's it.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
yup
Member of the Schecter Hellraisers
Gear:
Esp Ltd KH-603, Schecter c-1+ and Epiphone Les Pauls
Carvin amps, Sperzel Trim-Lok, Emg active pickups only, Tonepros bridges.
Awesome you guys just took a load off my mind. I was so afraid of damaging equipment.
This is my first non-combo setup.
Thanks so much.
Also just a side note, that set-up is going to sound killer. Congrats.

Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Ya I think so too tubetime. I cannot wait to test it out properly over the weekend.
This setup is going to be a world apart from my previous combo amp.
I hear nothing but good things about avatar cabs. From construction material, assembly quality, to sound.
Ya, I just got my Avatar last week. I think the speakers are just now breaking in. But the looks of those cabs is impressive. They look like a million bucks and as the speaker breaks in it is sounding like it too.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Two V30's, they are really punchy in the midrange. I got it for my Bassman and I figured the mids boost would compliment the Fender scoop pretty well.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Ya that's what I was thinking bout my setup as well since the YBA-1 is Based off the fender bassman, just like the early Marshall Plexi`s. Even things out
Ya I wanted to throw a greenback or a G12H30 in there, but the Bassman I have is 100 watts so I had to stay with the V30s. I may in the future look to trade one V30 for a Lead 80 or something similar. I figured V30s have the best name recognition, and therefore resale value, anyway.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
technically you could probably safely through a g12h30 in there. 100 watts into 90 watts wont really be a problem unless you are cranking the amp, which i guarantee you will never come close to haha.
Quote by shakin'cakes
First of all, I enjoy deathcore for it's complexity and it's the only genre heavy enough for me

Quote by Highway60Bob
I want an amp good for playing hippie tunes. I want it to be an actual amp, not a tube amp.