I'm just starting out. I'm not really interested in the songs in for the What Songs thread. I thought fellow UG'ers could help me out. I like mellow type songs, or cheerful. Haha, but nothing in the middle.

Songs like

3 Libras - A Perfect Circle
I'm so bitter - Teddy Geiger
Patterns in the Ivy - Opeth

Don't know much, but just good songs overall. Nothing really classical like Beethoven and stuff. Just stuff that's fun to play, sounds good, and has meaning .
R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio. Supplied amazing music to both me and my mother.

He will be missed.
I share your dislike in the popularized songs amongst ug users, however I don't think I share your musical preferences, but I'll try:
Horizons by Genesis (Steve Hackett)
You also can always just take slower songs that have basic chord progressions, and fingerpick them but add in the melody on the higher notes.
Need a website? I can make you one for pretty cheap.
You can try the songs i mainly play, Kotaro Oshio mainly composed/arranged them all.

Also check out "Sung-Ha Jung" on youtube, i get many ideas of songs I want to play from his videos
Quote by Anathetic
You can try the songs i mainly play, Kotaro Oshio mainly composed/arranged them all.

Also check out "Sung-Ha Jung" on youtube, i get many ideas of songs I want to play from his videos

+1
Although, Sung-ha Jung should be burnt at the stake for witch craft IMO

Quote by Karl Pilkington
Jellyfish are 97% water or something, so how much are they doing? Just give them another 3% and make them water. It's more useful."
John Wayne Gacy Jr. - Sufjan Stevens

It's a fairly simple song, but fun as hell to play.
Take a look at some Tommy Emmanuel stuff, he does wonderful covers and originals. Lots of his stuff is difficult, especially for beginner/intermediate, but you can still find simpler tabs for a lot of the songs he does Unless you're up for the challenge...
I never have difficulty 'performing' it right away with whistles, hums, 'grunts' and percussion.
angeles - elliott smith
guaranteed - eddie vedder
babe im gonna leave you - led zep
day is done - nick drake
theres tons - yeah