I'm thinking about getting a VINTAGE MARSHALL REVERB 12 GUITAR AMP it's from the 80's and heard it's suppose to be good.

Would anyone recommend this? It will be a practice amp as I'm a beginner.

Thanks in advance.
Attachments:
amp.jpg
that would be a sweet first amp, but if you wanted more than blues/jazz/classic rock tones out of it you would need to boost it, or get a distortion pedal.
Quote by shakin'cakes
First of all, I enjoy deathcore for it's complexity and it's the only genre heavy enough for me

Quote by Highway60Bob
I want an amp good for playing hippie tunes. I want it to be an actual amp, not a tube amp.
Well a Reverb 12 is a simple solid state and not much to write home about. I'd get a Vox Valvetronix instead...
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
plus you might as well start with a better sounding amp than the vox. regardless of versatility.
Quote by shakin'cakes
First of all, I enjoy deathcore for it's complexity and it's the only genre heavy enough for me

Quote by Highway60Bob
I want an amp good for playing hippie tunes. I want it to be an actual amp, not a tube amp.
Quote by pmeg568c
plus you might as well start with a better sounding amp than the vox. regardless of versatility.

Those solid state Marshalls aren't that amazing really. I've tried the new Voxes. They sound great overall. Since he's a beginner I doubt pedals is much of a worry...
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band

Quote by Gabel
Those solid state Marshalls aren't that amazing really. I've tried the new Voxes. They sound great overall. Since he's a beginner I doubt pedals is much of a worry...

+1
i guess it would be a matter of which sound he likes better. i would take a road worn marshall amp over a new modeling amp any day.
Quote by shakin'cakes

Quote by Highway60Bob
The vox valvetronix are awesome beginner amps, that's my suggestions, check my profile for some awesome classic rock tones!
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
Quote by pmeg568c
i guess it would be a matter of which sound he likes better. i would take a road worn marshall amp over a new modeling amp any day.

Namef*g...

No but really those old Marshall amps are beginners amp in every sense of the word. Rather bland sounding too. The Vox is a far superior amp.
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band

Quote by Gabel

No but really those old Marshall amps are beginners amp in every sense of the word. Rather bland sounding too. The Vox is a far superior amp.

Agreed. The vox valvetronix is a great practice amp.
Although if the threadstarter is into metal, the Peavey Vypyr might be a better choice.
Ibanez S320 with Dimarzio Fred + Seymour Duncan 59-> Weeping Demon Wah -> Ibanez TS-7 -> Homemade iBoost x3 -> Keeley DS-1 -> Visual Sound H2O -> MXR Ten Band -> Traynor YCV20