so there isn't really a thread about options for people looking for something similar to classic marshall tone. more people need to know because if you look carefully for these amps you can pay an insanely small amount of money and get an awesome amp.

most of you probably know about this stuff but hopefully it will help some people.

Sovtek Mig 50,60, 100: you can buy the 50 and 60 watt head for around $350-$400. that is a better deal than ANY new amp on the market. The 100 watt you'll see go for 500-600

Red Bear MK 60, 120: Again, you can buy the 60 watt for $350 or even less, and the 120 watt for $500-600

Peavey Butcher, VTM: The peavey clones are even cheaper, you can probably get a vtm for 250-300 and a butcher for about the same price.

Laney AOR series: again aside from the 30 watt which is rare and more expensive you can get the 50 and 100 watt version for around the same price.

Now if you could find one of these, you wouldnt have to buy a bugera, or a valveking, or any other budget amp. they can be a bitch to find but why would you want to skimp on tone when you can have an amp like that? granted they don't sound exactly like jcm 800s, they each have their own character, but they are all super loud and sound awesome.
Quote by shakin'cakes
First of all, I enjoy deathcore for it's complexity and it's the only genre heavy enough for me

Quote by Highway60Bob
I want an amp good for playing hippie tunes. I want it to be an actual amp, not a tube amp.
I got my VTM60 head and matching cab for $400. it's a shame more people don't know about all these hot-rodded-marshall tone machines
main rig:
MIM Tele->VP Jr.->CryBaby->Fuzz Factory->TS808->Carbon Copy->Phase 90->TU-3->Vox AC30CCH+Avatar 212 and Peavey VTM60+Marshall 1960A

Quote by necrosis1193
Fuzz...It's wonderful and horrible and beautiful and repulsive and so many things all at once.
The Peavey Windsor, with $10 in parts, can be modded to the exact circuit of a 2203.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Dammit, I wish I knew about these JCM800 clones while I was on my amp-hunt a few months ago. I wanted JCM800 sound but I didn't have the funds for it. Very soon after ordering my YCS50, I saw a thread about 800 clones and got really mad at myself for not even considering that there could be 800 clones out there.

This is a great thread... idk if you can re-name threads or if you can ask a mod to do it for you, but this should be "The JCM800 Clone Thread" or something like that. There's a "jcm800 sound but not price?" thread every few days.

EDIT:
Quote by MatrixClaw
The Peavey Windsor, with $10 in parts, can be modded to the exact circuit of a 2203.

Holy **** are you serious!?!?
Schecter Gryphon; Ibanez AEG20E
Peavey Rage 158 ; TRAYNOR YCS50
EHX Big Muff Pi; Dunlop CryBaby GCB-95 (modded); MXR M-108 10-band; DigiTech JamMan Looper
^ awesome, i've heard a little bit about that. good thing to add.

edit: er to matrix claw
Quote by shakin'cakes
First of all, I enjoy deathcore for it's complexity and it's the only genre heavy enough for me

Quote by Highway60Bob
I want an amp good for playing hippie tunes. I want it to be an actual amp, not a tube amp.
Quote by MatrixClaw

i just thought of the Windsor...but Matrix beat me to it. damn.
main rig:
MIM Tele->VP Jr.->CryBaby->Fuzz Factory->TS808->Carbon Copy->Phase 90->TU-3->Vox AC30CCH+Avatar 212 and Peavey VTM60+Marshall 1960A

Quote by necrosis1193
Fuzz...It's wonderful and horrible and beautiful and repulsive and so many things all at once.
MC: d00d, gimme a link

If I have teh sk1llz to mod it, I'm gonna buy a fukking Windsor
My Setup
Epiphone SG
Ibanez RG2EX1

Line 6 Vetta
Peavey Vypyr 15 for teh lulz

Check my clips out

Click foar epic clipz
i know that the Butcher can do metal but can the others mainly the Mig and the Red Bear do metal???
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
red bear can definitely do metal. clips in my profile are a red bear and ampeg b25 together. the mig can too but i always thought it was kind of thin sounding.
Quote by shakin'cakes

Quote by Highway60Bob
Quote by MatrixClaw

link?
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
**** Derek, I also demand a link!

Also, add Bugera 1990s and Lee Jacksons to those JCM clones.
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan
I tried Jcm 800 settings on my butcher sounds pretty close and nice.
Peavey VTM
Marshall 8412
Fender 4x12 loaded with t75's
Epiphone LP-100
Fender Stratocaster Highway one
+1 to MC.

The Winsdor preamp is pretty much identical to some type of JCM800, there are about 10 things to change and they're all easy things like changing resistor values or cap values. I've seen the mod somewhere online.
Quote by acdcrocks0323
Well the 1990s are JCM 900 clones so I don't think that really goes with the title of the thread.

I was just thinking JCM
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan