I was looking for an epiphone guitar that I could fit with Gibson DogEar pickups
well, actually just the bridge position, but is there a decent epiphone body that wouldn't require too much extra work for this?
You just want one P90 in the bridge? Or do you want two pickups?

If you just want the one pickup, maybe try the new Les Paul Jr. by Gibson. It's cheap, and has a dog ear P90.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
i think the '56 goldtop is the only one that will fit one without drilling other holes. you could get the soapbar shaped p-90s
Gold jacket, green jacket, who gives a shit?

Quote by Lil Macker

If you just want the one pickup, maybe try the new Les Paul Jr. by Gibson. It's cheap, and has a dog ear P90.

yeah i was going to say les paul jr. as well
Couldn't you just fit a humbucker sized P-90?
Like a seymour duncan phat cat?
Seagulls,the chicken of the ocean.

Originally posted by Gunpowder:
Everyone just jumps on the bandwagon and gives the same advice in these situations. You know what? I'm going to be different. Call the firemen.
well, I suppose nothing above the LP junior by gibson (about 840 usd). I saw that, but was hoping for a slightly less expensive way of getting the same basic tone. I know that it's not much for a guitar, but I'm on a rather low budget. lol
still, I can afford around 800 usd
uhh well you could find a used junior or just get the epi goldtop reissue
Gear:
-Epiphone les paul special II
-Peavey Valveking 112
Quote by Lil Macker

you just got my hopes up that gibson had lowered the price of the Jr... but nope, still costs £600 here...

anyway, if you can't find an epiphone with P-90s you can always fit some humbucker sized P-90s in it quite easily. can be quite expensive but worth it if it's the sound you want.
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
Last edited by Blompcube at Jul 12, 2009,
Quote by Blompcube
you just got my hopes up that gibson had lowered the price of the Jr... but nope, still costs £600 here...

He didn't say anything about a budget though, and since it's one of the cheaper Gibsons (still a bit expensive though), I though it would be dece.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
anyone remember those reissues of juniors epiphone made those were limited editions they are still available on ebay they come fitted with p90's and sell around 299 quid
Gear:
-Epiphone les paul special II
-Peavey Valveking 112