Ok, its time for me to step up. I need to buy a recording interface and stop relying on others..... so, im about to buy a macbook pro with garage band. I have a high quality dynamic mic. So what interface should I buy? im only looking to spend about 100 dollars and all it needs to do is translate the signal from the mic to garageband. What relativly cheap setups do you guys use?
Originally Posted by StewieSwan
schtick_bomb is actually a Tare. An evil race of aliens from the planet Nibiru who have come to fight the power of Jesus Christ.

i bought a used toneport ux2 for 75 bucks and it works really good for recording. comes with pod farm but you can hook up mics to it. I think a brand new UX1 is just iver the 100 so if you can up your budget a bit you could give that a try. Not sure if it has a mic input or not.
Current GEAR:
2014 LTD EC401
1991 Gibson Explorer
Digitech Whammy V
OCD/Timmy Clone
Wampler Triple Wreck Clone
Fuzzhugger AB-synth
Orange Crush 20RT
TC Alter Ego x4
O, thats an idea ive complely forgotten about used! ill check craigslist. But yea my friend has an m-audio 2 input unit. Its nice but i need something like it for garageband.
schtick_bomb is actually a Tare. An evil race of aliens from the planet Nibiru who have come to fight the power of Jesus Christ.

I'm definitely not a resident in GG&A, but I have the TASCAM US-122L [2-track]. You might wanna check out its older siblings: US-244 and 488.
I find it perfect. Crystal clear sound. More XLR than I need. Low profile knobs. Doesn't give me any trouble.

In my world, the color RED doesn't exist.

The system has encountered a fatal error [1809]: 'YourOpinion' var has no set value.
Check out the Presonus Firebox. It might be a little over your price range though. Then there's some good M-Audio ones for ~80 to 100 dollars.
There be no shelter here.
Quote by blue_strat

RIGHT! ill put it into the tabs and chords section.... or maybe the original recordings section? thats a good idea... thank to those of you who are helping, how much was this tuscam?

Last edited by schtick_bomb at Jul 10, 2009,
Quote by schtick_bomb
RIGHT! ill put it into the tabs and chords section.... or maybe the original recordings section? thats a good idea... thank to those of you who are helping, how much was this tuscam?

Scroll down dumbshit

from the list of banned threads:
Recording Questions:
There is an entire forum for recording questions. If you have a question about recording gear or how-tos then you need to go to the [url="https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=40Riffs and Recordings[/url"] forum. Threads with good questions and information will be moved, while threads with questions answered in the stickies or no details will be closed.

Another option would be to use the search function, because this is something that gets asked twice a week.
Yeah I use the POD Studio (TonePort) UX2 and a Yamaha MW10C board and Ableton works like a charm
Last edited by AxSilentxLine at Jul 10, 2009,
Alright sorry about that, my mistake. Ill look into the tAscam.