Alright, so I've finally decided on a new amp... I've looked into overdrive pedals, fuzz pedals, etc. etc., and this is what I think will be my new rig, which I will start saving up for once I get some opinions.

guitar->Vox Wah OR Dunlop Crybaby->EHX Big Muff->Ibanez Tubescreamer (or different OD pedal)->possibly a delay->Fender Blues Junior->2x12 cabinet

NOTE: I've already gotten the guitar (obviously), and the Ibanez Tubescreamer. Next up to buy will be the Blues Junior

What I'd like to get some opinions on:

1. Should I get the Vox or Dunlop wah pedal?
2. Any overdrive pedals that are better than the Tubescreamer, but still relatively cheap?
3. Any good delay pedals that are around 50-60 bucks?
4. What brand of cabinet should I get? I play blues rock, like Jimi Hendrix, The Black Keys, The White Stripes...

Also, will the order of the pedals do well? I've looked into it, but I couldn't decide whether I should put the Big Muff before or after the Tubescreamer.

Thanks for the help guys
1.I like the Vox wah more, but it can't quite handle super heavy fuzz.
2. I think you would like the MXR GT-OD or the Delta Labs TD-1.
3. The Delta Labs delay is pretty decent. You could also get a used EHX #1 Echo or a new Ibanez Tone Lok Delay.
4. Brand of cabinet I wouldn't know, but get one with at least 14 ply and filled with Greenbacks/clones.
1. Get a better amp first, then worry about pedals.
2. Get a better amp first, then worry about pedals.
3. Get a better amp first, then worry about pedals.
4. Get a better amp first, then worry about pedals.

ok ok.....

1. I prefer Vox wahs, but thats just me.
2. Tubescreamer is pretty versitile, but you could look into a Bad Monkey OD pedal.
3. You're not gonna get a quality delay for $60. Just save up and buy one for around $120 later.
4. Avatar cabs are great cabs. If you want, i can give you a link to their website. I'm actually ordering one today

The order of the pedals that is generally accepted is Guitar-Tubescreamer-Muff-Amp. BUT, there is no right or wrong way in terms of the order of effects. Just experiment and find out which way sounds best to you.

-Gibson LP VM
-Silvertone Kentucky Blue
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Haha. UG's Chuck just said chuck. haha
You're not truly playing guitar unless you know theory.
Quote by jc349

1. I prefer Vox wahs, but thats just me.
2. Tubescreamer is pretty versitile, but you could look into a Bad Monkey OD pedal.
3. You're not gonna get a quality delay for $60. Just save up and buy one for around $120 later.
4. Avatar cabs are great cabs. If you want, i can give you a link to their website. I'm actually ordering one today

The order of the pedals that is generally accepted is Guitar-Tubescreamer-Muff-Amp. BUT, there is no right or wrong way in terms of the order of effects. Just experiment and find out which way sounds best to you.

3. Yeah, that's probably what I'll do... I don't necessarily need delay, I only use it once in a blue moon, so I don't really need it as soon as possible... I'll wait for it after I get all the other gear.

4.Just looked at Avatar's site... I saw they use Celestion speakers, which are my favorite brand of speakers, so I'm definitely leaning towards an Avatar cab unless I see something better.

Alright, I think I've got in mind all I want... Now I just need to save up, which will probably take over a year for everything
1. Neither without mods. Personally I'd get a Buddha Budwah on the cheaper side of wahs.
2. Dano Cool Cat Overdrive or Transparent
3. To be blunt, no.
4. On a budget? Avatar 2x12 with Greenbacks. No budget? Splawn/Mills Acoustic 2x12 with Greenbacks.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Quote by ItsOnlyGNR
Question... Can Avatars be bought in a guitar store or are they only available from the website?

By the looks of it, it's the website only.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Website only, and you order by emailing the owner... I love that.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Quote by tubetime86
Website only, and you order by emailing the owner... I love that.

yep, e-mail them or call them. The reason they're so cheap is the fact that you're getting them factory direct.

-Gibson LP VM
-Silvertone Kentucky Blue
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Haha. UG's Chuck just said chuck. haha
You're not truly playing guitar unless you know theory.
Quote by jc349
yep, e-mail them or call them. The reason they're so cheap is the fact that you're getting them factory direct.

Well, that's convenient

And do you get them, like custom built or something? Like, you decide what speakers you want and such?
I just happened to stumble upon this: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Can_you_hook_up_a_combo_amp_to_a_halfstack_cab

So is 15 watts coming from the Blues Junior gonna be able to power the cabinet?

EDIT: Also, how would I even hook up the amp to the cabinet, since the Blues junior doesn't have an output jack?
Last edited by ItsOnlyGNR at Jul 11, 2009,