I tried to solder my new Seymour Duncan SH-8 Invader on my Pacifica 112J, Now I don't get any sound from it. Can anyone help? The Guitar has H/S/S configuration, 1 Tone and 1 Volume control and a 5-way switch. I have soldered Red & White together and taped, Black to 5 way switch(I'm not sure if it's it) and Green & Bare to Volume pot.
I can take pictures if needed.
First thing's first... Is it plugged in? Is the amp plugged in? Is the volume knob turned above 0? How about on the amp?
Yes, Everything was fine before and I tried turning every volume settings and check'd all the cables. Cant hear any humming or anything. and when I touch the end of the Instrument cable I can hear buzz coming from the amplifier.
Last edited by WantsLesPaul at Jul 10, 2009,
Never tape wires, they won't hold. Try wiggling the wires around while the guitar is plugged in, if you get crackling on any particular wire, that's your problem. Resolder that wire.
Quote by Intersting
Never tape wires, they won't hold. Try wiggling the wires around while the guitar is plugged in, if you get crackling on any particular wire, that's your problem. Resolder that wire.

I moved the Pickguard around while it was plugged in and it created silent crackling.
Is that good?
you can find wiring schematics on Seymour Duncan's website! Find the one with the configuration you want and then go through ALL your guitars electronics! Then you might find the error!

Ibanez RG2228 Prestige
Schecter C7 Jeff Loomis FR (18volt mod)
Epiphone Gothic Explorer (with SD Blackouts)
Ibanez RG350M Yellow
Peavey C5 Tigerwood 5string bass
Randall RH150G3
Quote by TheBloodstained
you can find wiring schematics on Seymour Duncan's website! Find the one with the configuration you want and then go through ALL your guitars electronics! Then you might find the error!

Yeah, soldered using schematic I found from Seymours website.
If you get light crackling you just might need to resolder a wire or two. one bad solder and you can lose sound everywhere. i had an issue with my Jackson where I just went into it, found which wire was the problem and resoldered it.
Use a multimeter to go through the wires. Makes it much easier to check the connection!

Ibanez RG2228 Prestige
Schecter C7 Jeff Loomis FR (18volt mod)
Epiphone Gothic Explorer (with SD Blackouts)
Ibanez RG350M Yellow
Peavey C5 Tigerwood 5string bass
Randall RH150G3