i have a schecter gryphon and the nut/washer or w/e on the jack was loose so i tightened it, but after that the amp would no longer pick up any sound...i checked the wiring and it seemed as though there should be two wires connecting or something but there was only one. none of the wiring was loose so i closed it back up to discover...the sound works as long as you are touching the string and there is a loud buzz unless you are touching the face plate for the jack. can anyone help me fix this thing?
first of all stop taking your guitar apart my friend had a similar problem with his bass take it to a guitar shop its a $20 problem at the must
Sounds like a grounding problem. Do you have access to a soldering iron?
Quote by GodofCheesecake
Excessive punctuation!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by dhutton
+infinity

I have infinity.
Quote by metharian
yea its way too much for my little stick lol
Sounds like it's not earthed properly. Try it through a different amp/power socket if possible (may be the amp or a badly earthed socket), check (or get checked if you don't know what you're after- google is your friend for wiring diagrams) the wiring inside the guitar.
There should be two connecting the jack, sounds like you spun the jack and ripped the ground off.
Epi Les Paul-APH1/Mean 90
MIM Strat

Korg DTR1000
ADA MP-1
Mesa/Boogie Quad Pre
Mesa/Boogie Midi Matrix
<power amp>

Quote by rhcp_freak
If you're EQ'd loose, you'll sound loose anyway.
haha.....haha....haha...Female jack...I'm sorry!!
MIA Fender Strat
Yamaha FG-450S
Crafter 12 string
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Vox AC30CC2
Epi Valve Junior
Fulltone Clyde
Danelectro Free Speech
T.C. Electronic Vintage Dual Distortion
Boss MIJ GE-7 (c1987)
Boss TU2
MXR Phase 90
Artec delay
Quote by Bossman123
haha.....haha....haha...Female jack...I'm sorry!!

Pit Monkeys got out again

I've been cracking up for like 10 minutes about the title though.
you do realize of course that it is called a female jack, and the part on the cord is called a male jack.
^ Yeah, immaturity gets the best of all of us from time to time though.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.