Im Using either the Iceman Ic300 or the Epiphone Standard Les Paul, both of them have this problem so i assume its related to my amp and pedal,

I haev an AXL 20 Watt, and a Zoom G2.1u

I generally use the one distortion patch i picked up from the zoom haax site its nice until i start going towards my 1st 2nd and 3rd strings, it just rings out its very sharp and not smooth sounding, thats the best way i can describe it

why is this is it the setting on the pedal and amp combined, or is it the guitars

P.S i was reading up about intonation and im sure my guitars need that aswell i have them perfectly tuned according to the pedal yet playing a song for example One, when im playing certain parts to the tab that i assume is pretty much 100% right it just sounds dead wrong, e.g. the sweep pick part 16,15,14 going down

Care to clarify and shed some light cheers guys

P.S.S if you have a zoom g2.1u and have a nice heavy metal like distortion for songs like SOAD, Disturbed, etc. and some good amp settings such as where my treble and middle and bass should go for a decent sound just a basic one so i can play with it and refer to it

Cheers =D
Tone-wise, it is entirely that amp and that pedal. But it sounds like you do need to get the guitars set up. Just take them to a music store and ask for a set-up.

As for the tone... My advice? Buy a decent tube amp, and chuck that Zoom into the fiery pits of hell.
Jesus wouldn't give you the sweat off of his balls if you were dying of thirst.
Quote by Code-E
God, you've gotta be UG's only moron!

Quote by magnum1117
that's right,you certainly are UG's only moron.

Quote by necrosis1193
Read the moron's posts, ironically enough he knows what he says.
Last edited by p o e at Jul 10, 2009,
have you tried editing the patch maybe add a little bit of chorus or reverb just to take the brittle edge off the tone
im not too much of a sound expert as you can tell but ill try it i just like to have that heavy strong chug so i try to keep it as much as possible
As for adjusting my inonation its nice and straight forward if i could flip my saddles -.- its impossible to get them out i removed the retainer i cba to remove the bridge entierly and ruin my action i dont want to have to adjust it all any help?
Okay guys, it seemed i just had very dead strings, they were quite old but i wasnt sure how much of an effect dead strings could have on your intonation

now thats sorted everything sounds sweet again expect coming to about the 18/19th fret on high e, is sooo sharp is this like unavoidable with such a deep distortion ?