I'm getting a Marshall DSL 50/100 amp within the next 1-3 weeks, and i figured that once i got it i would get a good guitar to go with it. Well, i decided against getting a new guitar, and just modding my current one. It's a LP copy, its beautifully made and plays great with good sustain. It just has cheap hardware on it. I was looking at getting a set of Seymour Duncans, but i'm not sure which ones to get for the neck and bridge. I play hard rock and a LITTLE metal. I listen to bands like Theory of a Deadmna, Nickelback, Breaking Benjamin, Papa Roach, Dream Theater, Rise Against, Velvet Revolver and a bit of GNR and Metallica.

Could anyone give me some suggestions? I was looking at the SH-2 Jazz for the neck and the SH-6 Distortion for the bridge.

And if it matters, (according to seymour duncans website it does) my guitar is an alder body with a rosewood fingerboard. 22 jumbo frets and stop tail bridge.
budget??
and are you planning to get a new guitar sometime this year??

cuz if you are then replacing pups on a cheap guitar that you know that you are not gonna keep is kinda unnecessary
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
I'd personally go with DiMarzio over Seymour Duncan. Maybe an Air Norton in the bridge and a Breed in the neck?

-Gibson LP VM
-Silvertone Kentucky Blue
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Haha. UG's Chuck just said chuck. haha
You're not truly playing guitar unless you know theory.
Well i plan on keeping it for a while. It's in very good shape and plays very well. All it needs is a bit of touching up on the hardware side of things. And at this point, i am not planning on getting a new guitar anytime soon.

Edit: Budget, i don't care. I'll say i don't have one and see what suggestions i get and maybe narrow it down from there.
Last edited by Knightmare444 at Jul 10, 2009,
Quote by jc349
I'd personally go with DiMarzio over Seymour Duncan. Maybe an Air Norton in the bridge and a Breed in the neck?

Really? I've never had any experience with Dimarzio. I've played with Duncans before, and i loved them. Could someone fill me in about Dimarzio? I literally know nothing about them.