well i just bought this guitar for 100 bucks.. not sure if i paid to much, i know its an rg because i have an rg but i dont recognize the neck the serial number is f9957386
i guess its made in 1999? any body know what model it is? thanks

looks like a 570
"... and on either side of the river was the tree of life, with its twelve kinds of fruit, yielding its fruit each month. The leaves of this tree were for the healing of nations.
Quote by lllostmotelll
Whatever it is, they beat it up pretty badly.

excellent observation...
"... and on either side of the river was the tree of life, with its twelve kinds of fruit, yielding its fruit each month. The leaves of this tree were for the healing of nations.
It should say on the back of the headstock they just need to zoom in more as far as I know.
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Crate V33 212 Combo
DigiTech Whammy IV
Dunlop Crybaby
MXR Classic Distortion
Ibanez DE-7 Delay
Boss GE-7 Equalizer

I would guess RG370DX but it doesn't have the shark tooth inlays so I'm not really sure.

Do you know what bridge that is? Edge II?
Quote by srob7001
I would guess RG370DX but it doesn't have the shark tooth inlays so I'm not really sure.

Edge Pro, likely.
" When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."-Jimi Hendrix
Quote by srob7001

well its made in 1999 i know that for sure because of the serial number on the back. but there is no model number on the back of the headstock. it might be an edge II or lotrs not sure i might just take it apart and look for the model on the neck.
How the hell did that guys nut fall off?...(I'm so immature)

It's nice, I'd get it as fixed up as possible if I were you, or just use it as a project guitar if you want.

BTW, that's not a Prestige. Look at the headstocks. It's a 570 by the looks of it.
FIGHT MY BRUTE!
Quote by Tackleberry
Only time Ive seen a true single coil in a chrome humbucker housing was chinese knock off where they claimed it was a humbucker but half the housing was empty.
Last edited by TheJem at Jul 10, 2009,
It could also be an RG550. The Ibanez parts tab on their site lists the same pickups for both the RG570 and RG550. In 2000 the RG550 was available in black - but it is not certain that is the original color of your guitar. There were some minor differences between the two models, including the tremolo and hardware colors. The saddles in the tremolo look like they are machined as opposed to bent, stamped metal. Is there any labelling or text on the side(s) of the tremolo - usually the left side?
it's a 570 like i already said. the 1570 would say "Prestige" on the headstock. this one clearly doesn't. plus it looks to be about the age of a 570.
Quote by dkcol
It could also be an RG550. The Ibanez parts tab on their site lists the same pickups for both the RG570 and RG550. In 2000 the RG550 was available in black - but it is not certain that is the original color of your guitar. There were some minor differences between the two models, including the tremolo and hardware colors. The saddles in the tremolo look like they are machined as opposed to bent, stamped metal. Is there any labelling or text on the side(s) of the tremolo - usually the left side?

the 550 has a pickguard... also had maple board. although they did rerelease it with a rosewood board. that was still a much newer guitar than this one and it would say "Prestige" on the headstock as well.
Last edited by konfyouzd at Jul 10, 2009,
Quote by Minjajake
are you sure? that means i bought a prestige for 100 bucks..sweet

I don't believe it's a prestige because the Prestiges alwas had Ibanez Prestige on the headstock
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Crate V33 212 Combo
DigiTech Whammy IV
Dunlop Crybaby
MXR Classic Distortion
Ibanez DE-7 Delay
Boss GE-7 Equalizer

shoulda been /thread a lot time ago...
yup its a 570 , super wizard neck not bad for 100 bucks thanks for all the help guys i think im about to strip it all apart clean it and install my emg 81 in the bridge i might even go to wood and stain it what do you think?
Quote by Minjajake
yup its a 570 , super wizard neck not bad for 100 bucks thanks for all the help guys i think im about to strip it all apart clean it and install my emg 81 in the bridge i might even go to wood and stain it what do you think?

You got a killer deal. You could sell the bridge and neck alone for a few hundred. I agree with the finishing idea as well/
Gear:
Ibanez RG570 circa 1993
Ibanez S2020XAV
Carvin DC127
EVH 5153 50w
Orange PPC112
AxeFX II
it an old 550 or what is know know as an RG1570 prestige. the prestige was kinda a reissue of that guitar. ive got one in my gallery, its my favorite guitar.
i dont know how the serial numbers work. mine is a F99 too and i know for a fact i bought it used from my cousin in 1994. he bought it new and the invoice in the case said 1987 and he paid $1654.33

obtw the 320 570 are the ones like that that came with a pickgaurd
Last edited by jhaymon at Jul 10, 2009,
If that's a flat black finish like i think it is, i recommend using black nail polish to touch it up. Won't blend in perfectly but it definitely helps make it look less obvious that it's beat up. I did it on my RG7620 and it worked quite nicely.

EDIT: Am i the only one seeing the ball end of the strings in the trem?
nail polish is the bomb for touch ups. if you cant find a match look in the phone book and see if you can find an auto paint store. take the guitar and they can match it and get you touch up tube for around 15-20bux. most can put it in an spray can for you for the same price

Am i the only one seeing the ball end of the strings in the trem?

nope. i was looking at that too. it might need some work. better get a stewmac catalog

heres a pic of what its supposed to look like. yeah he missing the blocks
Last edited by jhaymon at Jul 10, 2009,