It's in my profile. Sorry the vocals sound so quiet, we recorded too close to each other so I bled onto the vocal track too much.
C4C of course.
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
the singing's pretty sweet and the guitar's fluidly played. it's a good rendition, i like it.
It's not bad. The guitar is pretty good, sometimes the strums sound a little out of place, but only a couple times. The singing is alright, the only thing that I never like is when it sounds kind of like someone in the high school chorus is trying to sing an old song they don't really know. I'm not saying who sung it is like that, but it's just that kind of feel. Hard to explain.

You did good though, sounds pretty good and the outro is nice.

edit: just curious... I always see C4C. does that mean like comment for comment like if I comment for you you'd comment back on me?
There be no shelter here.
Quote by courtkid1012
It's not bad. The guitar is pretty good, sometimes the strums sound a little out of place, but only a couple times. The singing is alright, the only thing that I never like is when it sounds kind of like someone in the high school chorus is trying to sing an old song they don't really know. I'm not saying who sung it is like that, but it's just that kind of feel. Hard to explain.

You did good though, sounds pretty good and the outro is nice.

edit: just curious... I always see C4C. does that mean like comment for comment like if I comment for you you'd comment back on me?

Eh, she learned the lyrics as we were recording so that might be it. She may be the high school chorus girl. But she's the high school VA state chorus girl. But yeah, she didn't know the song.

Thanks though.

Yeah C4C means crit for crit. It means I'll trade a crit for anyone that has something they want me to.

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
Don't get me wrong, she's a great singer, it's just one of those songs that sounds better when it's sung with that old 60's feel. Either that or the kid from Across The Universe Still, it sounds good and it came together pretty nicely.

edit: Instead of posting again I figured I'd edit this and hope you see it. I don't have anything I need critique on, partially because I still need to get a USB interface. Thanks for the offer though. I like helping people with their pieces.
There be no shelter here.
Last edited by courtkid1012 at Jul 10, 2009,
Quote by courtkid1012
Don't get me wrong, she's a great singer, it's just one of those songs that sounds better when it's sung with that old 60's feel. Either that or the kid from Across The Universe Still, it sounds good and it came together pretty nicely.

Oooh, I get what you mean. Thanks.

Do you have anything you want me to comment on? I'd be glad to. I always appreciate when people take the time to crit mine.

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
I think she has the potential to make a better recording of it, she definately has a voice. I just feel that she is kind of...unfamiliar with it, you know?

I sound like this too when I try to sing a song I just learned or newly heard.

I love how the guitar is crescendos towards the chorus though.

If you want, you may critique my cover of "I'll Be Back". Be warned, it's more closer to the Elliott Smith cover than the Beatles though. https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1159974
Quote by icaneatcatfood
On second thought, **** tuning forks. You best be carrying around a grand piano that was tuned by an Italian
I though it was a pretty good cover. I don't see whats wrong with the singing, it sounds great to me, alot better than i could do. Your guitar work was great, like someone else said, there were some strums that mighta been just a bit outa place but it was pretty clean throughout and I enjoyed listing to it. If you dont mind doing a C4C I would appreciate if you would crit my Hendrix cover of Bold as Love.
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1157123

thanks
-Steve