The staff at the guitar center by my house sucks and couldn't answer most of the questions I have about the new rig i bought from them. I got an Acoustic B600H head on top of a 4x10 half cab on top of a 1x15 speaker as shown below.

The amp can push out 600 watts @ 2 ohms.

The 4x10 can handle 400 watts @ 8 ohms.

The 1 x15 can handle 250 watts @ 8 ohms.

So first off my question is how likely is it that when i play with a band i'm going to blow one or both of my speakers? What can i do to prevent this? And also how will i know if i do blow one of them?

Second, I'm having trouble finding a good EQ at higher volumes. I play in a prog metal band and i'm trying to get a clean Dan Briggs/John Myung type sound that won't make lows sound muddy and undefined.

Any and all input will help! Thanks guys!

You wont be damaging them at all, youll only be using 400 watts with both cabs running.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
They will be very fine
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
Quote by Sly Taco
How much was the 15" cab?

148.68, but that's very much on sale.

I think they're normally 499.

Quote by fatgoogle
You wont be damaging them at all, youll only be using 400 watts with both cabs running.

How do you figure this? This is the first non-combo amp i've owned and I haven't grasped the whole concept of ohms and wattage yet.

Becasue it pushes 400 watts at 4 ohms 600 at 2 ohms. Your using 2 8 ohm cabs. These wired together give you 400 watts. So both cabs are fine.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
And btw that means that each cabinet will be getting 200 watts. so the 15" will get 200 watts and each 10" will get 50 watts.
dean edge one 5 string
Schecter studio-4
Samick fairlane-6
Ibanez sb900
Ibanez btb775
Fender p bass special deluxe

Dean Del Sol
Ibanez prestige rg2610

Peavey TKO 65
Peavey vb-2
Quote by the_perdestrian
listen to revelation, for he is wise in the way of bass-fu
Quote by fatgoogle
Becasue it pushes 400 watts at 4 ohms 600 at 2 ohms. Your using 2 8 ohm cabs. These wired together give you 400 watts. So both cabs are fine.

don't you mean "wired together give you 4 ohms"?