Hey, I have a question about the guitar i plan to purchase in about a month

Should I get:

A PRS SE Paul Allender for 755, and keep my Marshall MG30DFX

or

A Schecter C-1 Blood Moon for 599, and have the option to sell my Marshall MG30DFX and get a better Vox Valvetronix

I'm looking for the option that will give me better tone
good tone = impossible with the mg. even with the best guitar in the world:P
Member of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join

Gear:

ESP LTD DV8-R
Squier SG (Specs Unknown)
Kustom KGA-10 Ten watt practice amp
Marshall TSL 602

My JEM Build
Quote by seek_&_destroy
good tone = impossible with the mg. even with the best guitar in the world:P

Quite true
Uh, why not buy a really good amp?

Edit: Like a decent 700-800 dollar amp, and keep what ever guitar you have right now. No sense going from a 30 watt modeler, to a.. 30 (?) watt modeler.
Last edited by qsceszxdwa at Jul 10, 2009,
Quote by qsceszxdwa
Uh, why not buy a really good amp?

Cause i need a new guitar because my old Ibanez just isnt cutting it anymore
well idk definatly go for a good amp before a good guitar. sell youre mg
GEAR

1976 Gibson SG
Epiphone Les Paul 100
Takamine GS330S Acoustic
Crate 65 watt
Crybaby classic wah
Alright thanks for the advice guys, I'll sell my MG and get a new amp

But I'm also getting a new guitar as well

Any other good guitars besides the C-1 Blood Moon in the 600-650 dollar price range? Thats my budget
The Jackson KVX10 King V is in that price range i believe. I have it and it plays great. All it needs is some better pickups.

If not, i think DBZ is coming out with some guitars in that price range.

http://www.carlinoguitars.com/DBZguitarsClassicPremierSeriesPage2.html

EDIT: If you can compromise in a price for both the guitar and amp, then there is a Randall RM50 Combo with the Blackface and 1086 modules on ebay for $700. Idk how much your going to get from the MG, but for a guitar you can look at an Ibanez RG321.
"If A is a success in life, then A equals x + y + z. Work = x; y = play; and z = keeping your mouth shut."
--Einstein

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
--Einstein
Last edited by JKMV11 at Jul 10, 2009,
Quote by JKMV11
The Jackson KVX10 King V is in that price range i believe. I have it and it plays great. All it needs is some better pickups.

If not, i think DBZ is coming out with some guitars in that price range.

http://www.carlinoguitars.com/DBZguitarsClassicPremierSeriesPage2.html

EDIT: If you can compromise in a price for both the guitar and amp, then there is a Randall RM50 Combo with the Blackface and 1086 modules on ebay for $700. Idk how much your going to get from the MG, but for a guitar you can look at an Ibanez RG321.

I'd prefer one that doesn't have a Floyd Rose, and that won't need like new pickups or any expensive overhauls
Quote by wolfeman85
I'd prefer one that doesn't have a Floyd Rose, and that won't need like new pickups or any expensive overhauls

Well DBZ has some nice fixed bridge guitars. the Bolero for example. That is one of my favorite models.
"If A is a success in life, then A equals x + y + z. Work = x; y = play; and z = keeping your mouth shut."
--Einstein

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
--Einstein
Quote by JKMV11
Well DBZ has some nice fixed bridge guitars. the Bolero for example. That is one of my favorite models.

I'm more looking for a guitar that can play metal well, because I rarely play anything else. :P
How bout you just keepsaving till you have enough to get the PRS and sell your amp and buy a sweet one? then there's no period of incomplete satisfaction
Quote by magnus_maximus
You're whackin' one off in the toilet and you jizz on the counter?

I hope you never get a driving license.

Quote by Albino_Rhino
Dude mangoes are so good. Imagine a blowjob, but instead of the feeling being on your dick, it's on your mouth.
Quote by wolfeman85
I'm more looking for a guitar that can play metal well, because I rarely play anything else. :P

Well DBZ has plenty of guitars that would be great for metal. maybe the Cavallo? I'm not sure if your aware of this, but DBZ was started by Dean B. Zelinsky, the original founder of Dean guitars. And i believe Deans were originally "metal" guitars.
--Einstein

--Einstein
Quote by JKMV11
Well DBZ has plenty of guitars that would be great for metal. maybe the Cavallo? I'm not sure if your aware of this, but DBZ was started by Dean B. Zelinsky, the original founder of Dean guitars. And i believe Deans were originally "metal" guitars.

Well honestly i've never heard of DBZ before so I'm a little iffy, but thanks for telling me about em, when i go up to Guitar Center i'll see if they have any and if they do i'll test em out
Quote by wolfeman85
Well honestly i've never heard of DBZ before so I'm a little iffy, but thanks for telling me about em, when i go up to Guitar Center i'll see if they have any and if they do i'll test em out

I don't DBZ guitars are out yet. They should be this month or next month. But Dean Z. is revered for making quality guitars, and i don't think DBZ will be any kind of exception.

And in some cases, the brands you don't hear about often are some of the best. Randall for example isn't as popular as Mesa Boogie or Fender, but they put out some really great amplifiers (MTS series). ISP Technologies isn't as popular as Boss, but their Decimator is amazing.

But choose something that plays good. Looks come second to playability.

Good Luck.
--Einstein

--Einstein
Quote by wolfeman85

Dude, please tell me you don't get your guitars there. I've had nothing but bad experiences. They will NEVER beat the quality of service and guitar I get from the independent boutique dealer IMHO.
DBZ Barchetta Eminent FR
DBZ Bolero ST
DBZ Imperial FM
DBZ Venom Matte Black
Dean '79 V
Dean '79 ML
Fender Princeton Chorus
Behringer V-Tone 2/12
Asterope Cables
Dunlop Cry Baby Wah
Digitech Hardware Metal Distortion