Which do you prefer in a car? I personally have driven with both types (i'm learning manual atm with my new car), and while I prefer auto for the ease of driving, I can see what makes manual so fun to drive.

(and yes I did use the searchbar, but the last thread on this was in January so I didn't feel like necrothreading)
Manual <3. I love my little Subaru legacy 2.5gt in 5spd and how no one knows how to drive it but me
manual
"... and on either side of the river was the tree of life, with its twelve kinds of fruit, yielding its fruit each month. The leaves of this tree were for the healing of nations.
manual all day, although my car is an automatic
Quote by Ahyoka
Pop goes the weasel...with the casket closed

Quote by Jsteele1408
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Quote by Tastytaco
mmm... if a girl has Tourette's and screams "f*** me!", would that be consent?

PSN: jermstar44
i find manual easier now.
Epiphone Les Paul (Modded with 2 passive pickups and an EMG81)
Yamaha RG guitar w/ Floyd Rose
Rogue Acoustic

BlackHeart BH5 Tube Amp

Danelectro Metal. Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech CF-7, Crybaby Wah, Danelectro EQ.
necrothreading?

anyways, automatics are good, and make up over 85% of all vehicles on the road sadly, but the odd vehicle is manual. what also sucks is to try to teach someone who has never driven manual, how to drive manual. its frustrating.

but to answer your question TS, i prefer automatic over manual, just because i've found newer manual cars have little to none clutch pedal feel.
I learnt manual on my own... It was pretty messy.
Rogue Acoustic

BlackHeart BH5 Tube Amp

Danelectro Metal. Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech CF-7, Crybaby Wah, Danelectro EQ.
Automatic, it's so much easier.

Quote by rebofthetemple
Which do you prefer in a car? I personally have driven with both types (i'm learning manual atm with my new car), and while I prefer auto for the ease of driving, I can see what makes manual so fun to drive.

(and yes I did use the searchbar, but the last thread on this was in January so I didn't feel like necrothreading)

Driving isn't fun, it's a fucking chore.
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
Quote by Don_Humpador
I don't drive but when I do, it's going to be manual.

+1
Gear sticks can be very useful, you know
Quote by SlackerBabbath
This from a country who're trying to make up for being late for the last two world wars by being really early for the next one?

Quote by konfyouzd
i think this is my favorite post of the day

Quote by Benguitar2
You ****ing pwn.

Awesome, dude, just awesome.
Manual
Quote by fearofthemark
A wild asshole appeared!

fearofthemark used GTFO

the june 09'er fled!

Rip Heavens Gate
Quote by itchy guitar
Automatic, it's so much easier.

Driving isn't fun, it's a fucking chore.

driving is fun. you just complain too much
Automatic because I like being able to just get in my car and drive without worrying about shifting, but manual is more fun to drive.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Manual. I can't drive automatic anymore, I always treat the brake like the clutch.
Quote by Tire Me.
Raping her in front of other people would be morally wrong.

Quote by Bubbles516
wtf290 uses make bubbles feel like crap
Its super effective!
Manual.
Remember this. Remember the summer. Whatever you do. Don't forget.
Quote by wtf290
Manual. I can't drive automatic anymore, I always treat the brake like the clutch.

yea. i hate that ****. i've accidentally smashed the break subconsciously trying to hit the clutch and shift gears before. uncool...
"... and on either side of the river was the tree of life, with its twelve kinds of fruit, yielding its fruit each month. The leaves of this tree were for the healing of nations.
Manual, so much more fun. It's one of the best parts of driving, the downshift before over taking.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Quote by wtf290

Exactly.
Rogue Acoustic

BlackHeart BH5 Tube Amp

I drive a 6-speed all day errday. It's not as annoying in stop-go traffic as many people say it is.
My style is impetuous.
My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious.
I want your heart.
I want to eat your children.

-Mike Tyson
Quote by IlikeTheSKA
I drive a 6-speed all day errday. It's not as annoying in stop-go traffic as many people say it is.

This.
Quote by djmay71
necrothreading?

anyways, automatics are good, and make up over 85% of all vehicles on the road sadly, but the odd vehicle is manual. what also sucks is to try to teach someone who has never driven manual, how to drive manual. its frustrating.

but to answer your question TS, i prefer automatic over manual, just because i've found newer manual cars have little to none clutch pedal feel.

Necrothreading is a loose term that means posting in an old thread (i've also heard of it being called necroposting).
manual all the way, it sucks at first when your learning but once you get the hang of it, its so much fun!
Gear

- Epiphone Les Paul
- SX Strat (w/ Fender Vintage Noisless Pickups, TBX Control, and an active circuit board for +25dB mid boost)
- Marshall DSL40C
depends on the car..my old 69 gmc had a manual but when i did the restore and droped in a olds 403 it got the auto(more power). my vette has a stdr and my work truck has a bust auto that drives like a stdr
Manual. More control, more mileage, more fun. And obviously cheaper to buy and fix.
About automatic cars being the majority, you obviously live in USA. In other places manual is the majority. I've been in Argentina for two years and still didn't see an automatic car.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Last edited by urik at Jul 10, 2009,
Manuel. Being English and all. Out of all my mates, one of them has a clapped out automatic Clio. We just take the piss out of him.