What are some of your favorite meshuggah songs and why? or just post random stuff related to bands similar to their sound.
I like New Millenium Cyanide Christ. I like the way the vocals and lyrics are. Especially the video for it.
Gear!
Jackson RR3 with EMGs!
B.C. Rich KKV
Yamaha F-310 Acoustic

Digitech Bad Monkey.

Peavey Valveking 112
I bet no-one's started a Meshuggah thread before. Anyway, best song is I, if you disagree, then you're a fascist.
I only have Obzen, twas all right.
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
Meshuggah! One of the few metal bands that made their own 100% unique style! The band that has the best guitar sound ever!

Does anyone here use GearBox software (Line 6 toneport) and have a Meshuggah-tone to share? I'm dying to get the right sound for my guitar. :C

It's so hard to say which song is my favorite. All their songs are awesome, it'd be a song from the Catch 33 album I think. That's where the riffs are coolest. With obZen on a close 2nd place.
Closed Eye Visuals, In Death Is Death, Dancers to a Discordant System, Corridor of Chameleons, New Millenium Cyanide Christ, I, Sane, Choirs of Devastation, Gods of Rapture, Transfixion...

Why? Because Meshuggah rocks my socks...
"... and on either side of the river was the tree of life, with its twelve kinds of fruit, yielding its fruit each month. The leaves of this tree were for the healing of nations.
Quote by The Virtuoso
I only have Obzen, twas all right.

Get Chaosphere, Nothing and Contradictions Collapse. Those are AWESOME... The I EP and Catch 33 are definitely worth a listen as well. And if you haven't already check out Fredrik Thordendal's Sol Niger Within
"... and on either side of the river was the tree of life, with its twelve kinds of fruit, yielding its fruit each month. The leaves of this tree were for the healing of nations.
Yeah my friend loves Meshuggah, I'll have to get these some day.
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
Quote by The Virtuoso
I NEED THESE IN MY LIFE

fix'd

All right, I'll have to talk to my friend about burning me some copies, he has every album I believe.
Quote by Senor Kristian
Quote by e-free
Rational Gaze just might be the best Meshuggah song. Like, ever. Seriously.

Rational Gaze is one of my favorites for sure. That middle part and the outro are two of the coolest parts they have ever written
Quote by webbtje
I bet no-one's started a Meshuggah thread before. Anyway, best song is I, if you disagree, then you're a fascist.

Definitely dude Every part of I is impeccable. How do you not listen to the whole song every time it starts up? its impossible
The first test of metal enjoyed was millennium cyanide christ.

I was ll like 'woah, what is this stuff!?!'

Even though i'm not a great Meshuggah fan, it really changed things for me.