I'm planning on getting an SX Jazz bass and replacing the pickups...but i don't know much about bass guitars or much pertaining to them either. Lol.
So i just wanna know, what are some good passive pickups for a jazz-style bass?
I'm not looking for anything fancy, just a good upgrade from the stock SX ones (i hear they suck).

I mainly just want a clean bass tone, but kinda rock at the same time.
Like Carlos from Interpol...i love the way his bass sounds.
Hunter Burgan from AFI is also another favorite of mine.

I hope somebody can help me. Thanks.

i don't really have a price range yet, so just offer anything within reasonable prices...
Would just buying the Fender Original Jazz Bass pickups be a good idea? They're only a little over a hundred bucks...that's not too bad.

and keep in mind all i want are just moderately good pups.
Quote by TheBax
Would just buying the Fender Original Jazz Bass pickups be a good idea? They're only a little over a hundred bucks...that's not too bad.

I don't see why not.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by TheBax

well you might as well try out the stock SX pickups first to see if they're ok, no sense spending 100 dollars to change a tone you might already like
-
-
--
---
-----
--------
-------------
Yay fibonacci!
Quote by capslockisnton
well you might as well try out the stock SX pickups first to see if they're ok

Trust me, they aren't. How much money do you have? If you don't have much (or don't want to spend much), go for some Seymour Duncans or Dimarzios. even cheaper than the Fenders IIRC
Quote by C0_0kie
guitar solo - "meh, every song got one"
bass solo - "OMGZ0R U IS PRO MENZ"

Quote by lucertia.
fapfapfapfapfapfap

burgerburgerburgerburger

Quote by DeAd-RiP
Sir I would like to sex your bass.
Duncan QP's are nice.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom