HI peeps.

Found this yesterday while looking for PRS dimensions (can I build one from 12 inch board?).

It is very very detailed, lots of pics and such.

Not sure if it is worth stickying or adding in another thread? MOD's?

On the bottom of the intro page, is a "button" to take you to the contents table. Look at the Appendices too, at the end.

PRS Project
Quote by Cal UK

...that's what Skeet always says anyway and he's a sex god.

Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list

I support Shay van Fani
I can supply WD Music, ABM and AllParts products to UK builders at DISCOUNTED prices!
Last edited by Skeet UK at Jul 10, 2009,
I just read through all that. It's very very nice and informative, though his language is a little over-ambitious at times. I don't think this thread itself should be stickied, but that link definitely deserves a place in another sticky thread if you ask me.
Awesome read, although he really overstates the difficulty of building an instrument... if a 15 year old broke ass kid with no tools, no experience, and no help at all can get it done, I would wager that just about anyone can.

Thanks for posting this man, I'll be sure to refer absolutely every "how do i bild a gitar?" noobslice to that page.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
I know what I'm doing at work for the next week

Thanks, Skeet!
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009

A man chooses, a slave obeys.
Quote by Albino_Rhino
Awesome read, although he really overstates the difficulty of building an instrument... if a 15 year old broke ass kid with no tools, no experience, and no help at all can get it done, I would wager that just about anyone can.

Exactly what I was getting at... All that **** about how it took him to the very extremes of his woodworking skills and the million billion quotings of "remember, you can always cut more off, but you can't add it back on" was very superfluous. But I guess that has an advantage too- some overconfident brat might get talked out of ruining some nice cuts of wood with his feeble efforts if someone tells him that it's superhumanly difficult to build a guitar. But on the other hand, someone who's more than competent, but still hesitant, might get discouraged for no good reason.
nice find!
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
skeet I have a feeling that you've written this up.

I'm only up to the 2nd step and its already mentioned male genitals and sex
damn it i don't have adobe reader but just that intro shows what you guys are talking about
My Gear
Cort EVL X4
Jackson RR3 Cobalt Blue
Peavey Bandit 112
Living stone distortion pedal
Digitech RP250
Quote by Pikka Bird
I just read through all that. It's very very nice and informative, though his language is a little over-ambitious at times. I don't think this thread itself should be stickied, but that link definitely deserves a place in another sticky thread if you ask me.

All 60 odd pages? Even I didn't read that many of them.

Want to see some real sex?

Gaudy Paul twists my nipples....

Might wanna sticky that too, Mr MOD.

I am glad people think this is useful.
Quote by Cal UK

I support Shay van Fani
I can supply WD Music, ABM and AllParts products to UK builders at DISCOUNTED prices!
Quote by Pikka Bird
Exactly what I was getting at... All that **** about how it took him to the very extremes of his woodworking skills and the million billion quotings of "remember, you can always cut more off, but you can't add it back on" was very superfluous. But I guess that has an advantage too- some overconfident brat might get talked out of ruining some nice cuts of wood with his feeble efforts if someone tells him that it's superhumanly difficult to build a guitar. But on the other hand, someone who's more than competent, but still hesitant, might get discouraged for no good reason.

It's like a champion Boxer or similar sportsman."Oh yeah, he fought real hard and is a fantastic fighter...but I managed to win the day", it makes you sound better

He probably doesn't mean it like that though.
Quote by Cal UK

I support Shay van Fani