I do not know what the original color of the guitar is, I'm assuming it was a red color.

It has a reverse headstock.
Shark fin inlays.
An SSH setup.
And a licensed Floyd Rose tremolo.

All I can find with SSH, FR, and shark fins has a normal headstock. So, Can anyone help me out here?

Serial number: 99090003
Last edited by Crydius at Jul 10, 2009,
what shape is it? like a v with one leg shorter or something that resembles with a gibson explorer?
Höhner llx100g
Gibson explorer
crappy stagg acoustic
Roland dac80d
marshall jcm 900 sl-x 2500
marshall 1960A
ehx metal-muff
jimmy hendrix wah
Pics? By the looks of things, its discontinued, but some kind of Soloist springs to mind.
Gear!
Jackson RR3 with EMGs!
B.C. Rich KKV
Yamaha F-310 Acoustic

Digitech Bad Monkey.

Peavey Valveking 112
It's shaped like a Soloist or Jackson Dinky.

My friend owns it, and he wants to sell it, as it no longer fits his play style, but we have no clue as to what to sell it for.

The pickups are unmarked, but it's definitely an OLD guitar.

The Licensed Floyd Rose is black, not silver.
Quote by Crydius
It's shaped like a Soloist or Jackson Dinky.

My friend owns it, and he wants to sell it, as it no longer fits his play style, but we have no clue as to what to sell it for.

The pickups are unmarked, but it's definitely an OLD guitar.

The Licensed Floyd Rose is black, not silver.

Being an old guitar its likely to be discontinued therefore likely to be worth a fair bit.

Do you know if it is bolt of construction, set neck, or neck thru?
Gear!
Jackson RR3 with EMGs!
B.C. Rich KKV
Yamaha F-310 Acoustic

Digitech Bad Monkey.

Peavey Valveking 112
Quote by Crydius
Bolt on construction.

Its a dinky. Im afraid i cant find exactly what model, but im pretty sure its a dinky.
Gear!
Jackson RR3 with EMGs!
B.C. Rich KKV
Yamaha F-310 Acoustic

Digitech Bad Monkey.

Peavey Valveking 112
I had assumed it was a Dinky, as Soloists have set/thru.

But i don't know what model. It's not DX2, or DK2M, or an XL.

or any of the JS series.
Quote by Crydius
I had assumed it was a Dinky, as Soloists have set/thru.

But i don't know what model. It's not DX2, or DK2M, or an XL.

or any of the JS series.

Its discontinued, or custom, or limited run. Either would leave you with a nice fat wallet im thinking.
Gear!
Jackson RR3 with EMGs!
B.C. Rich KKV
Yamaha F-310 Acoustic

Digitech Bad Monkey.

Peavey Valveking 112
What do you think it would sell for?

The body was painted over, and a horrible job was done [the person that owned it before my friend put it on a milk crate to dry, so there's squares on the back] and we're going to airbrush it.

1] What color will sell for the most?
2] What should we sell it at?
I dont think solid colours would do much to the price, stains and fancy stuff might. Its a shame it was painted over, if it had original paint it'd sell for more. Sand the body down, give it a GOOD repaint, but make it easy like solid black unless your real good with the airbrush, if a good airbrush is done you might be able to sell it for more. Then sell for possibly £500+ at lowest because thats me being a little wary. You should search deeper into the internet. Best bet is it take it to your nearest guitar store for a value.

Edit: Maybe with a kick ass airbrush graphic you'd be able to sell it for £900+ just because it has that kick ass graphic. Then again the guitar might be worth more than that anyway, like i said, search deeper!
Gear!
Jackson RR3 with EMGs!
B.C. Rich KKV
Yamaha F-310 Acoustic

Digitech Bad Monkey.

Peavey Valveking 112
Last edited by Oosh. at Jul 10, 2009,
It's not.

I've looked everywhere, and i can't find a single JD-R with an HSS setup and sharkfin inlays.

They were all HSH and offset dots.

And we're thinking Candy Apple red with black sparkles to go with the black hardware. Sound good?
Last edited by Crydius at Jul 11, 2009,
So it's rare then, seeing as it was MusiciansFriend only, and only made for a short time?

What did it sell for?
And what would it be worth now? Information on it is nearly impossible to come by.