Hey,
This might seem a little noob-ish..but I need help so i'll ask anyway.
How can I improve my accuracy and left hand - right hand coordination; so when I'm improvising my hands don't start messing up (specially when i try to improvise at varying speeds).
Is this all lack of practice with the scales?
or something else?
Alot of times when i try to speed up while improvising, i basically lose control and mess up. Specialyl when i have a melody made up in my mind my hands jsut can't follow.
Is there anyway i can improve or any sort of excercise i can practice to change this?
Thanks
~Vince
~Vince~
Fender MIM Telecaster ('06) [Modded]
PRS S2 Custom 24 ('13) [Modded]
Squier Affinity Fat Strat [Modded]
Yamaha F310

Mesa/Boogie Lonestar 1x12 Combo
Mesa/Boogie Mark V:25

SD Vapor Trail
Xotic SL Drive
Xotic BB Preamp
Boss BD-2
Boss DS-1 [MonteAllums]
MXR 10-Band EQ
just play and play, learn scales, improve your hearing. and play and play, jam around as much as you can and you will notice it will be easier and easier as you play^^ but it takes time seriously
play the petatonic scale, practice chord changes and if you are comfortable with both of these then play the single string version of "Time of your life" - Green Day
oh yeah have all the chord changing to the major/minor pentantonic scales to thr Major scale and its modes down pretty smoothly. Its just my playing seems ridiculously sloppy if I try improvising at faster tempos :S
~Vince~
Yamaha F310

SD Vapor Trail
Xotic SL Drive
Xotic BB Preamp
Boss BD-2
Boss DS-1 [MonteAllums]
MXR 10-Band EQ
in the speed kills 2 dvd, MAB goes over these warm up exercises that would probably help you.
work with scales and moving those scales around the neck/dif strings
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
This takes a while to learn but helped me alot. Learn to play without looking at your strumming / picking hand. Once you get the hang of it then most of the time you are just looking at your freting hand making it easier to fret quickly / accurately and also to do various fret board techniques like string bends.
It's nothing to do with scales, don't get obsessed over practicing them. The problem is that you aren't practicing everything correctly. If you're trying to play something and it's sloppy and out of sync then you need to practice THAT THING, not something else. Concentrate on practicing everything at a slow enough speed that you can play it cleanly and accurately, and don't try to speed up until it's pretty much perfect. If it gets sloppy and out of sync again then you're going too fast, too soon.

Also, improve youur understanding of how scales work, don't just learn shapes. Make sure you know the notes they contain, how things relate to each other and when certain scales fit. The faster you can think, the faster you can play.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Thanks , the comments really help and I really appreciate it! This really clear up alot,once more thanks to everyone who replied!
~Vince~
Yamaha F310

SD Vapor Trail
Xotic SL Drive
Xotic BB Preamp
Boss BD-2
Boss DS-1 [MonteAllums]
MXR 10-Band EQ
Isolating on problem areas helps a lot. For example, suppose you are practicing a lick which is 4 bars long. You notice that you are consistently having problems on a certain part of that lick. Oftentimes the best approach is to take just the problem part of the lick, and practice the hell out of it, while focusing completely on not making whatever mistake it is that you are making. After you've improved the problem area, you can put the longer lick back together again, and practice it again.

The reason this works is that by practicing a shorter section you're able to get a lot more repetitions in, and also you're able to concentrate more fully on the thing giving you trouble.
thanks! question tho, what if im improvising and make up a short lick or melody, and whewn i try to play something similar to the lick/melody it sounds sloppy what can i do about that?
~Vince~
Yamaha F310

SD Vapor Trail
Xotic SL Drive
Xotic BB Preamp
Boss BD-2
Boss DS-1 [MonteAllums]