I have an Ibanez S5470 and noticed that all of my fine tune screws have a cir-clip at the bottom to keep from backing out too far except the low-E . The low-E screw has a groove for a clip, but no clip. Was this an accidental omission when they assembled the guitar (or maybe it fell off at some point) or did they deliberately leave this out to allow for easy dropped-D tuning? If it's the latter, it seems strange that they used a screw with a groove for a clip because that gets rid of screw threads right where they need to be to as you back the screw out for dropped-D.
Quote by jreikes
If it's the latter, it seems strange that they used a screw with a groove for a clip because that gets rid of screw threads right where they need to be to as you back the screw out for dropped-D.

It probably just fell off, but if it is the latter, as you say, then it might be because it's easier to deal with all standarized parts, as opposed to having to have 1 single screw which is different from all the others.
Electrics:ˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑAmps:
Jackson DKMGFFˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑRandall RG100SC G2
Washburn DIME 333ˑˑˑˑˑˑˑRandall RH200X / RA412 2x Half-Stacks
ESP LTD EC-1000 STCB
Dean From Hell CFH
Even if it fell off or was left off accidentally, I'm still undecided about whether or not I should replace it. If it's supposed to be there, I would at least like to have the part to keep in my case in case I ever sell the guitar (although I really doubt I ever would -- it's an awesome guitar).