Right now... I practice with ALOT of gain... so I was wondering... Pros and Cons of both clean and gain tones for practice!
Well, for a truly productive practice session you'll use both (typically, unless your music has no overdriven guitars).
o_q I have deduced.

For practicing, no distortion, decent gain. Higher gain will show you your problems better and help you get good at muting and such =]
Soon, death metal's drums will be so fast only computers will be able to listen to it.

94? Not bad. It shall improve >=)

Who's looking for hosting? My/My Friends site will be up and running soon, looking for customers - PM me if interested.
Practicing clean will show you ALL of your shortcomings. Turn up the gain if you want to sound good. Turn the gain down if you want to know how good you actually are.
practice clean when working on technique, you're mistakes wont be disguised by distortion.
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
i usually play clean, or i play with a slightly overdriven tone. i never really use high gain except when i randomly feel like playing metal
clean will show you the nuances of your technique and attack. and distortion will show sometimes painfully how sloppy you are.
*lust list*
Vox tone lab
Vox ac50
satchurator
satches time machine
vintage phase 90
Money towards this gear = $0.00

Quote by Doctor Matthews
Yeah I dreamt I was fighting Master Hand, but then I woke up to realize I was jackin' it in my sleep.
I only ever play in distortion if I am playing to someone else, otherwise if its just listening to it than I play clean tone.
If it wasn't for bad luck, I wouldn't have no luck at all
Practicing clean is vital as it allows you to hear how good your technique is - you'll never be much of a player if you have to rely on distortion all the time. Your sound starts with your physical interaction with the string, the only way to hear the subtleties of that is to turn the distortion down.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com